I'M NEW - fill me in

weaselqt

Hi,
I just joined - and am wondering what some of the intials mean - like difficult child? someone fill me in please

thanks!

wldinnh

Welcome! difficult child is "Gift From God": the child you love dearly but whose behavior has led you to this site! Look on Forum Lists for the Board FAQ, and you'll see a listing for Board abbreviations and acronyms.

Marguerite

G'day. Welcome. It really won't take you long, although there are a few abbreviations which took me a while to learn (such as Residential Treatment Center (RTC), which we don't have in Australia).

When you get a chance, do a sig so we can have always at hand, a summary of you and your family so we can always make sure any suggestions are relevant to you. Also, do make sure you keep your confidential details just that - confidential. It's another reason for the acronyms - this way you can vent about unnamed teachers, doctors, the Board of Education, whoever - without fear of reprisals, because they will have no way to connect you to who you really are. A very necessary precaution, for a lot of us.

Marg

BusynMember

HI and welcome.
A few questions:
Who diagnosed your fifteen year old and how is he doing? Some mood disordered kids don't do well on stimulants, even if they have co-morbid ADHD. Does he know how to interact with others?

What does "slow class" mean for your youngest? Do you mean Special Education?

Welcome!

weaselqt

psyc diagnosis my 15 yo - i'm totally unaware of all the diagnosis out there - wow!

his interactions with other consist of never shutting up and people get annoyed and he still won't shut up - he repeats himself over and over and over but puts it in different ways - yet saying same thing ove rand over!!!!

slow class - not Special Education just the lowest tested kindergarten exits last year