Craftomatic

Hello all. I am new here. I have one son who just turned 18 recently. He has been diagnosed with generalized anxiety and opposition defiance disorder. He has had emotional issues for most of his life. I will be updating and asking for feedback from you all. It feels good to find a place with people who are having some of the same experiences I've been having.

I don't have much time right now but I will give a bit of history soon (tonight probably) and hopefully someone can give me a new perspective.

I do have one question : what is difficult child?

Winnielg

I am new as well - looking forward to having a resource such as this! I think it means 'difficult child' - when you move you mouse over some abbreviations in posts it will highlight their meaning.
:)

My son is 17, autistic spectrum, ODD and Bipolar

scent of cedar

Hi, Winnieleg! :O)

I didn't see you, at first. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Also, both our new people may want to check out the "Substance Abuse" site. So many of the issues are similar, we can all learn alot from those moms, too.

Barbara

Craftomatic

Thank you all for the welcome. I will be posting more about my situation this evening, however, I have a feeling it will be like reading the same old story for all of you. It's sad, but it also gives me a chance to not feel quite so helpless about it all.

dashcat

Welcome! You'll get used to the lingo ... in fact, you'll find yourself saying things like "difficult child" out loud before you know it. I'm sorry that you need to be here, but I'm glad you found us.
Dash

scent of cedar

difficult child means "Gift from God", Crafty.

I did a post for you yesterday, welcoming you and explaining the term. Must have been lost somewhere in the ether. :O)

I hope today is a better day for you.

B.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Welcome to you both. As we always say, sorry you had to look for us, but so glad you found us. As we know your stories better we can be a source of support and strength for you. We are certainly weary parents who've been lucky enough to find each other and offer support and solace as we maneuver down these lonesome and very bumpy roads........glad you're both here........