Im not being political...but OMG...SC gov really hoovered up!

DammitJanet

I have been listening to the news reports all weekend trying to figure out just what could be going on with the man. I mean it started out as some concerned rumblings where the governor just took a SLED car from the lot without telling anyone and disappeared off the face of the earth without a word to anyone!

No one knew anything. Not his wife and family, not his staff, not his security detail..no one! He just vanished. He wasnt answering cell calls either. Or emails.

Then on Tuesday his staff told the public that maybe he had said something about going to the Appalachian trail and going hiking by himself. Hmmm.

Well then today he came slinking back into the country through the Atlanta airport from Argentina! Said he wanted to go down there to drive on the coast. Hmmm. Then he goes on the air later and tells the world that he snuck down to Argentina to have a fling with some woman he has been having an affair with!!!!! Omg.

Fool.

And this guy wanted to run for President in 2012. Oops. Think again.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I just saw that. How stupid IS this guy? You can't be the GOVERNER for Pete's sake and just take off. It's one thing to leave the county but another entirely to leave the state and then the COUNTRY? The article I saw said he would resign immediately from the Governer's Association for his party but personally I think he should resign period. Anyone who would just up and leave without telling anyone....especially leaving the country....should not be in a position of leadership.

klmno

I had a feeling he was messing around with someone when his wife reacted the way she did. At least he came clean with it- not that it is right or excusable, but I find it preferable to tell the truth instead of lieing for years like mmost do.

DammitJanet

I remember my reaction on Sunday when I heard he was missing. I was like...OMG...Tony...Sanford is missing. He was like huh? I said no...I mean he is gone. Gone...like they cant find the man missing. No one can reach him, his car is gone, his family cant reach him...black hole GONE!

I said...its one of two things...kidnapped or he is holed up somewhere with some woman. If he was kidnapped I thought it would be a much bigger hoopla but then again maybe not cause they wouldnt want to make more fuss.

Lothlorien

It's on the news again, right now and I'm listening to him. I am getting more and more annoyed with him. He is talking about how his wife stood by him all these years and yada yada yada. This is how you treat her, hey? Piece of carp! Four boys, a great career, Governor of SC, head of the GOP Governer's Association, a possible GOP presidential candidate and he blew it. What a dope! Yep, what a way to clean up the GOP! Jerk!

muttmeister

I heard a quote during the last election that I loved:

"Just remember, no matter who wins, you are getting a politician."

Enough said.

everywoman

"Don't cry for me Argentina."
I understand that people are human and make dumb mistakes---but really, can't you hide your "indiscretions" better than that? It just makes us South Carolinians look dumber and dumber.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well and what is even worse for his family is that he is not saying that it was really a mistake. He is going on and on about how much he cared for this woman and how much of a dear, dear friend she was and how it developed into something more!
You do not admit this!!! He was admitting he still has feelings for her! What about his family and his State!
At least lie and show some humiliation! My gosh... sounds like he needs to just slink off back to Argentina.

donna723

If somebody SOMEWHERE on his staff didn't know where he was, if he had just disappeared off the face of the earth and nobody knew where he was, they'd have to assume that foul play was going on and they'd have half the country out looking for him! Governors can't just sneak off, especially to go out of the country, and nobody knows where they are! Did he think nobody would notice? And he chose to do this over Fathers Day weekend? What an idiot!

Now if that had been OUR governor, he would have insisted that he be driven out of the country in one of his two (yes, TWO!) chauffeur driven limos, along with his fleet of State Trooper security people! So, if South Carolina ends up with a 'vacancy', you can have our guy, "Prince Phil"! We've tried to get rid of him for years, but he won't leave! ;)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds like he is in a downward spiral.
Doesn't it sound like self sabotage?

by the way, I told husband if he ever were in politics(not) and he announced he had been caught having affair, I'm warning him now. I will not stand at his side at a press conference with doe eyes and understanding. Ridiculous. To all the reporters I would tell them that whatever goes on in my marriage is none of their **** business so get out of my face or I release the hounds.
So I guess I'm not a good political wife. LOL.

SRL

Now if that had been OUR governor, he would have insisted that he be driven out of the country in one of his two (yes, TWO!) chauffeur driven limos, along with his fleet of State Trooper security people! ;)

Now if that had been *our* former governor (we're talking Illinois) he would have had a hard time finding a babe who would want him. :tongue:

The minute I read he was hiking in the mountains alone I knew there had to be a woman involved. Can you imagine what the media feeding frenzy has been like since they got wind of it?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
To all the reporters I would tell them that whatever goes on in my marriage is none of their **** business so get out of my face or I release the hounds.

Absolutely! I completely agree.

Good grief.

The really dumb thing is that the public has a very forgiving nature and a very short memory. These "confessions" really don't seem to hurt anyone politically for very long. The collateral damage is the family but not their career.

Suz

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Its bad enough he cheated, bad that he kept on babbling in between the I'm sorry's, but I just saw on MSN his emails to this woman that was published. His wife must be absolutely crushed. Is it helpful for her to know that he spent 7 days sobbing cutting off the relationship?

He would be so dead meat if I was married to him.

Marcie

I know! I live in South Carolina and I feel like I have been cheated on!!!! He was a real %^^^& about the stimulus package anyway. If he hadnt taken the money and put it back in South Carolina there were going to be a lot of teachers without jobs and the budget was going to be cut. How can anyone that has any sense do that? and now he has been unfaithful to his wife? What kind of character is that? Oh boy - why dont you move to Argentina - he needs to resign or be impeached!

DammitJanet

I figured it had to be a woman when SC wasnt lit up like a orange moon that you could see all the way to Maine. If a governor was actually completely missing...they would have had every agency under gods green earth out here with every spotlight available turning over every inch of earth looking for him.

Heck...we had members of every branch of law enforcement and a rescue and even the national guard for a missing alzheimers man at the end of my road about a month ago...and he wasnt famous!

donna723

"Sounds like he is in a downward spiral.
Doesn't it sound like self sabotage?"

Fran, that's exactly what I thought too! It's like he just decided to publicly commit political suicide! I feel so sorry for his family! Nothing like being publicly humiliated in front of the whole country! If I was married to someone who had done something like that (well, actually I WAS but on a much smaller scale!) I'll be darned if I would be standing there beside him like the adoring little wife either! But in addition to explaining to the media where he was all that time, he'd also be explaining how he got those two black eyes and all those lumps on his head!

But if our "Prince Phil" ever disappears, I know he wouldn't be out hiking the trails in the wilderness. Only way he'd do that is if they carried him like royalty in one of those (what do you call'em?) chairs with two guys in front and two guys in back toting him along the trail! Hey, four more State employees who still have their jobs!

witzend

Oh, please! He wasn't crying for seven days because he had to break up with her! He was crying for seven days because he'd snuck out of the house and couldn't figure out how to get back home now that he knew mom and dad were waiting up to give him "what for" when he got home! Just like a teenager!