I'm off to Mayo Clinic....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
After all these months, all this nonsense I received a call from Mayo Clinic yesterday - I'm being taken as a patient. I even have my own little computer/patient number which I have to memorize (okay, not lose) for when I call. So from now on I'm known as 9200011111 or something like that. I'll have to check it out.

The appointment isn't until March 20th, but I've been asked to call twice weekly for any cancellations. They would like to see me sooner than that. I'll call Tuesday's & Thursday for cancellations.

husband is breathing a sigh of relief, as is neuro doctor, opthalmolgist, rheumatologist & my GP.

I'm hopeful that the prednisone is going away soon - I'm into a serious mood swing stage now. After working almost 20 long years on our marriage, the mood swings make take it down. :rofl: Not! Poor husband - not poor husband. He's doing no more than I have in the past. Deal with it, man! :scared:

I informed husband that I didn't want to know that I'm overemotional - just let me know when to take my ativan to even things out. husband told me that I was a "bit" emotional the other night & I cried for 3 straight hours; just couldn't stop. Geez.

Ooops off track - it's good news. Going to Mayo. Couldn't have happended to a more worthy, humble & on the edge person. :smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm so happy Mayo has finally agreed to see you-just wish they would have done it sooner! Hopefully a cancellation will happen soon!

wakeupcall

Linda, March is right around the corner! Yippeee! I'm SO glad Mayo is going to help you. You've waited long enough, it's your turn!

Marguerite

About flamin' time! Here's hoping for a cancellation...

I really hope they can give you some answers, as well as some practical management options.

Marg

Abbey

Spork Queen
Prednisone is a double-edged sword. I took 90mg a day for several years. It saved my life, but also brought a host of other problems. The 40 pound weight gain in the first month was a lovely one. :smile: Add in the arthritis and nice facial hair...

I was supposed to be on it for life. After about 3 years, MUCH against my doctor's wishes, I slowly weaned myself off of it. (DON'T go cold turkey.) Fortunately, I have not relapsed. I just couldn't take the drug anymore.

Fingers crossed that there is a cancellation!! Good luck on the appointment.

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yeah, Abbey, I hear you. The 70 lb weight gain, the change in my appearance & that damned hump on the back of my neck are making me crazy.

While it seems to be doing (albeit slowly) what it's supposed to be doing I'm slowly losing my mind & feeling more isolated; weaker because of the lack of sleep.

I'm praying we can begin titrating down off this stuff. I guess I need to see what the next steps in treatment are - supposedly it will be rounds of cytaxin (sp?) along with hyperbaric chamber treatments. Again - everyone seems to want the Mayo docs to set up treatment protocol & they will administer it here, along with monthly checks back at Mayo.

I just want it done - golf season is coming. I'd like to get out on one of my family's many fun weekend outings.

Coookie

Linda,

That is good news. :smile: I hope they can help you find some relief. :frown: I want my golfing buddy back. FORE!!!!!!!! :sword:

Hugs

Penta

I hope the clinic will be able to help you on the road to recovery and a step toward regaining your health. I am so glad you have an appointment.

DDD

My husband has had really outstanding medical service from the Jax.
Mayo. He doesn't trust anyone else. I'm sure they will find the
right answers for you too.

Did they suggest Tues/Thurs as the call in days? Just curious.
When I "chicken out" for a medical appointment, I usually call
on Friday (so I can chill over the weekend instead of worry about
it) or on Monday (since I've worked myself into a panic over the
weekend).

Fingers crossed for you. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Since you are now a Patient at "Mayo" I'm glad you've mustard up your strength and will now ketchup on fixing your buns you little ham you!

Hugs
Star