I'm officially "full-term" - yikes!

greenrene

I've reached the 37 week mark, which is officially full term. Holy moly, I SO don't feel prepared for this baby! I was having regular, pre-term contractions a week or so ago, so my OB told me that I have to rest as much as possible and be careful about my activities.

difficult child is coming for her first home visit from the TBS in a few weeks... to see the new baby, celebrate her 16th birthday, and to celebrate her grandma's (my mother in law's) birthday. Honestly, I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having her here for a week right after I've had a baby and am already dealing with so much, but it wasn't my call. And since I'm still the scapegoat for her issues and everyone sees anything I say about her through their "she hates difficult child" lenses, I'm stuck.

My mother in law is coming home (my inlaws are FL snowbirds - they live half the year here and flee to their other home in cooler climes when it gets hot here) for 3 weeks to help out with my other kids and spend time with the rest of the family. I'm trying to not freak about that - she can be on the judgemental side when it comes to housekeeping (among other things). My house isn't BAD, but it's certainly not up to her unrealistic standards. Esp now that I've been pregnant and tired, and my husband is NO help whatsoever. The only household help I get is from my kids, and I'd be up a creek without easy child 1.

Things are about to get very interesting around here. Not that they're ever boring...

DammitJanet

Well congrats! It does sound like its going to be a very busy time in your house though. As far as mother in law, is she able to be of real help doing the household stuff? If she is, I would tell her the best thing she could do to help you is to help get the house back in shape while you do the major baby stuff. Now I couldnt do that today but I tried to do that for my daughter in law when she had her first baby but I wasnt up to their standards...lol. Now that she knows me more, she knows how hard I tried.

:smile:

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Yikes, sending you big hugs. Just keep taking deep breaths and escaping to your bedroom or some other sanctuary when the going gets tough. Remember, their judgments and criticisms are about THEM not YOU. Smile and exit stage left! May the force be with you!

I agree she should jump in wherever she can, it's going to be rough, but fun and a bonding experience for all of you.

L

Liahona

Could mother in law take difficult child "under her wing"? Ie keep her busy and supervised? This would keep mother in law busy for a week, give difficult child someone else to focus on thus keeping the other kids safe.