I'm on my way to Phoenix

Nancy

husband has to go to Phoenix on business tomorrow so I'm tagging along to visit my best friend from childhood. We are staying til Thursday and husband will be able to join us after his hearing on Wednesday morning. My friend and her husband have some fun things planned for us and a lovely dinner reservation made.

I was hoping to go to warmer weather but looks like it's almost as cold there as it is in Ohio. Anyway it's the first time husband and I have been able to go anywhere alone in years and with difficult child coming back home next week it will be the last for a while.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Good timing, Nancy. There's a big storm scheduled for Tuesday night from coast to coast. Hopefully it will be peaceful in AZ but will make you guys have to stay there for an extra day or two. :) Hey, ya gotta enjoy these alone times while you have them.

I hope you have a terrific trip.

Hugs,
Suz

Nancy

Lol Suz, I just saw on the news that Arizona got 8" of snow and is expecting about 7". Cleveland is expected to be spared the blizzard that everyone else is expecting. Isn't that a strange turn of events. I wouldn't mind getting stuck another day, but want to be home by Saturday because easy child is driving to North Carolina to meet her host school for student teaching and I want to say good bye.

Nancy

DammitJanet

easy child is really coming to NC???? That means you will be coming to NC!!!! Oh goody...lol!!!! I smell a car trip. AZ gets snow? How odd...lol.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good for you.
husband and I had so much fun after difficult child left after high school. We felt like life was starting over. Of course, it didn't last forever but it was a wonderful refueling period of time. I will remember that year fondly.
Hope you get a chance to have that with husband.

N

Nomad

Awesome!
I've done something similar and may in fact be able to do it again in February.
The only thing I don't like about your post is the thought that you may not do it again.
If the opportunity presents itself and it is a good one...I say "go for it!"
Get a "babysitter" (call her a housesitter) or ask difficult child to stay with- a friend and LOCK THE DOOR. Just go away for a few days. What will be will be.
You might want to make some minor compromises, but whatever you do, don't let difficult child dictate your life 'cause she is spending time throwing hers in the toilet.
Have Fun!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I am an hour from Phoenix and it is about 58 degrees here right now. But up around 5000' it is snowing.
60 degrees and lower is very cold for us!!! But it has been in the in the 30's in the am... we have had freeze warnings! LOL

It is storming pretty bad up at Flagstaff. We live about 45 minutes, by car from Mt. Lemmon and it is supposed to snow about a foot tonight but we won't see any actual snow here.
Phoenix won't either...

I hope you have a great time Nancy!!!

Nancy

Thanks gals. I'm planning on having a blast. My friend and I talk nonstop when we get together. After all these years and we are like kids again.

Yes Janet, a car trip may be in order at some point. easy child is going to student teach for four months in NC, but if they offer her a job she may stay. I'd be sad but I'm sure she would love it. It's a great place to retire and we can always run away from difficult child there.

Nancy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
AND you're not stopping here in the Twin Cities to pick me up????????? I'm so hurt!:2dissapointed::rofl:

Have a good time Nancy - you deserve time away with husband.:flower:

DammitJanet

Nancy...if you come down, you better tell me! I will come up. Im not that far from where she will be. Actually, you can give her my number in case she needs anything or an emergency arises. I will PM it to you before she leaves. Its always good to have a few people she can call on in the new state.