i'm out on medical leave

Jena

hi

so, oddly enough i'm officially out of work. wow!

Didn't plan it, it just sort of spiraled this morning.

I went to the er early this a.m. planning to get the clearance letter to return to work from the er doctor who saw me, and he refused to give it to me stating i had to see the cardiologist he recommended me to.

So, I said i have to go to work can't you just write i'm ok to go back and to drive with-no restrictions? nope.

so i called the cardiologist, the woman asks for my name and says oh the dr said you would be calling he has tests he wants done on you. So, long story short they want me to go for an ecco, a nuclear stress test and wear a halter thing for 24 hrs to monitor my heart rate. all unbeknownst to me. so i said ok, how soon can we schedule them? so long story short after multiple phone calls they can't get me in till may 1st. i tried calling my gp for a clearance he said no, than i tried the gynecologist he said no also, so i had to contact my boss.

next thing i new HR was calling me stating i'm being placed on medical leave of absence my time would be eaten up whatever i have which isn't much to put towards my pay, and that i had to report back to work by may 14th or i would be considered terminated. also i had to schedule and appointment to return my work i.d. my cell and the other company things i had.

wow. so i am trying to find another cardiologist to see me before than to speed it up.

how bizarre right? so i'm home now. no one will give me the letter this company needs to return to work. i'm stuck.

Andy

May 1st isn't that long to REST! Jena, take care of yourself. When the kids are in school just pamper yourself up the best you can.

I hope you find another cardiologist to get into sooner because I also want to know what is going on. However, try not to fret about it (I will hold my breath for you - you go on breathing), relax and rest.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes my lady, please take care of yourself.
I know you NEED to do a lot of things... the list is likely long. But the list will never get done if Momma aint healthy.
I hope you can find a Cardiologist sooner as well.

Kick back and hang out with those little mice... ;)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
May 1st isn't really that far off, and if you need the rest TAKE IT. You can't very well work or take care of your family if you keel over, now can you? I know you are frustrated, but you need to tend to this issue first and foremost.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sweetie, they don't do this lightly. It isn't done unless they suspect something SERIOUS. So you REST during this time. Don't push it, don't drive, and LISTEN to the docs.

It really sounds like you have something going on. The gyn stuff, and then the cardio stuff, well, you probably NEED this rest.

Things will work out the way they work out. But NOTHING can work out, and NO ONE can be OK if Mommy isn't OK. So you MUST take care of Mommy.

I think calling other cardiologists is fine, but I doubt anyone can get you in sooner. If they can, good, but make sure they are with a reputable hospital.

Sending hugs to you, I know this is a shock and you are worried. Any further info on the biopsy ?

Steely

Wow, that is a shock. I am so sorry. What type of heart problems have you been having? Sorry, I am out of the loop. And nothing back on the biopsy?

Hugs.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Susie gave great advice. My experience is docs will do just whatever is necessary to get you back to work. You need rest. Take it.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw Jen, I know you're disappointed for so many reasons, but stop a moment and realize that, like Susie said, they wouldn't impose this rest period on you if it was not absolutely necessary. I'm glad they won't let you return to work until after the tests.

It is too bad that the ER doctor didn't state to you clearly just how urgently he wanted you to see the cardiologist!! If he had, would you have hightailed it to the cardio doctor sooner? Made it a priority?

Not to lecture, but sweetie, take care of yourself. Without you, a lot of people would be lost. Hugs~

rejectedmom

Take care of yourself and rest. Maybe it willall turn out to be stress related but maybe it will be something else. Either way rest is good. I'm sorry about the job. -RM

Jena

hi guys,

thanks so much for the kinds words. Yet truth is i do not think anything is wrong with-me. My company is just ridiculous, yet I guess their liability would be huge if something happened to me in the field or in my truck.

i'm caught in a weird spot. They didn't order the "rest" period at all. here's the thing i was released out of the er, and told to follow up with-a cardiologist because of my age and history yet no tests indicated any major issues in the er.

my bloods off which would account for the fatigued carpy way i'm feeling, and today i head bck to gyn to figure out that deal. Yet truth is this cardiologist who passed his card out to me and got involved with-o my consent is the one messing with-the whole thing.

had he not jumped into the mix i probably would of gotten cleared yet he did and now here i am.

So, to top it all off i set up phone sessions with-the parents for this week while i am home. i get up today my work cell phone is shut off, no one's called my families to inform them. Yesterday had to spend 30 minutes on phone with-parent with whom's kid is suicidal again.

this company, their policies their way of handling things is ridiculous and i'm very upset. the families will call my cell and get a message that states number is out of service. how is that for handling things the "wrong" way?

they never cease to amaze me. i'm contemplating using my personal cell yet i know it's wrong to do. i just feel so bad, these ppl are being left hanging. so i called my boss this morning left her a voicemail message stating call my ppl, this isn't right or fair to them. alot of the casemanager's are away so i've been playing fill in while their gone.

i really need a vacation i think

maril

I hope your boss takes care of things and gets back to you soon with confirmation! I understand your concern but try not to stress. Take care of yourself.

Jena

LOL. yup i'm a psycho. i know. my friend from work called and said hello rest, the heck with-them!!

it's just not cool, how they handle things. it upsets me. If i was one of those parents and that was done to me i'd be upset. i know if it wasnt' for this place many a times i would of gone over the edge. i think tha'Tourette's Syndrome how these parents feel and to leave them hanging is just bs.

DammitJanet

Im sorry this is happening to you but maybe its for the best healthwise. How big is this company? Look online for info about Family Medical Leave Act. See if that applies to this situation. Depending on a few facts, it might.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You are right to be concerned with your families and how your company handles the situation. Is there someone at work with whom you can organize some calls to clear things up for your assigned families, since your boss is not helping in any way? I see nothing wrong with at least letting your families know that you'll be out of commission for a week. It's very irresponsible for your boss to drop the ball like this and commendable of you to try and clear it all up.

I'm sorry that things are going nuts for you. Try and go for a walk and do some deep breathing to try and stay calm. Even though you feel your health concerns are not serious, you should remain cautious until you know for sure what's going on. Very often, stress and too much all at once can make a situation worse. Jen, you're very frustrated right now, with good reason, but getting yourself all worked up is not going to help anyone. I would contact someone at work and see if they can help you let your families at least know you will not be available for a week or so. That at least will put your mind at ease a bit.

Jena

janet thanks, my mom actually suggested i look into short term disability so i dont' take a pay cut.

jo - yea, your right, i'm listening lol. i've contacted a few work ppl in regards to handlaing the ppl, and calling them. i just hate that. wrong is just wrong.

i have a ton of dr appointments for me and difficult child the following week, so i guess il'll just take this time to get alot of that stuff over, and difficult child's cse meeting for the iep is on may 1st as well. busy, busy