I'm proud of me, lol. I've lost weight!

DDD

My posts are not usually positive, to say the least. This one is different. I just got off the scale and I've almost lost ten pounds. :bigsmile: Soon I'll start walking again and get a little better tone. By summer I should be able to wear a bathing suit with-o worrying about a protruding belly. Yeah, me. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I'm proud of you! And a little jealous - even when "skinny", I have a belly. Sigh.

I agree though. NEW SWIMSUIT!!!

klmno

Wow! Good for you! I'm glad you are feeling good about it and going about it in a healthy way! I doubt I'll ever be in a real bathing suite again because I have never found a way to lose the protuding belly that came from pregnancy and a c-section so more power to you warrior woman!!

Steely

Kudos, kudos!!!! I am jealous. I lose and gain, lose and gain!
I am sending you a virtual high five......:)

Estherfromjerusalem

DDD, that is amazing. I think we are of a similar age, and I always use that as "the reason" why I don't lose weight -- i.e. everything working more slowly. But of course it's not a reason, just an excuse. Kudos to you, because obviously the big secret is self control and you are obviously exerting that.

How have you done it? What's the secret? I'd love to hear.

You have every reason to be proud of yourself. More power to you!

Love, Esther

nvts

I'm very jealous - if I lost 10 lbs., my left elbow MIGHT appear slimmer - a bathing suit? There isn't enough lycra in this world!

Congrats DDD! Very happy (but still jealous) that you're moving so quickly toward your goal!

Beth :congratualtions:

DDD

Thank you...and you...and you et al. :Grouphug:

I am not on a diet. Believe it or not, lol, I am just thinking before I eat. Alot of my eating habits have been stress, nerves, boredom. My goal is 135 which may be too optimistic. on the other hand summer is still quite a few months away so maybe. Toning is going to be a challenge...a BIG one, lol. DDD

AHHUM

Way To Go - know how hard it is, especially when you're at an age.

Don't know if it's a coincedence or not, but have had 2 deep tissue massages, 2 years apart & lost 7 lbs both times, and it stayed off (only weight I've been able to keep off). I've been afraid to go back & try it a 3rd time, in case it doesn't work again. Have convinced myself the massage loosened up all those stubborn fat cells that have been hanging on so long they can not be called baby fat. hahahahaha