I'm rotten!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was at the grocery store today and the bag boy and the cashier in the next lane were talking. The cashier said that today was her birthday and she is 18. The bag boy, who I'm fairly certain was being sarcastic, said, "Oh...so you're an adult now!" I know it's bad but I couldn't help myself.

I snorted.

They both looked at me and I apologized and mentioned that when my son turned 18 he just thought he was it. The cashier had an understanding look on her face but the bag boy was still looking at me weird.

I'm awful! LOL

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I've been known to tell them they are babies when they mention the BIG 18. What's with this magic number anyway? The look on their faces is priceless! I've been at least five different people between the ages of 18 and almost 61 and I'm not done yet.

Today is my easy child's 18th birthday! Yesterday he told me he wasn't going to school and now he doesn't have to listen to me, he's 18. Snort!

donna723

"Today is my easy child's 18th birthday! Yesterday he told me he wasn't going to school and now he doesn't have to listen to me, he's 18. Snort!"

;) Ha! If one of mine had told me that, I would have reminded them that, now that they are officially 'adults' and don't have to listen to me anymore, I am no longer obligated to provide them with food, clothing, medical care, transportation, a place to stay, and all those expensive goodies spread out all over their bedrooms! But then, I'm evil and devious!