I'm Scared, prayers please

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Hoping it's only "nerve memory" and the pain will go away. Is this happening with both hands or just one? If just one, try developing your art skills with your good hand..... or developing a new art skill that doesn't need fine motor skills..... an eye for color is sometimes hard to come by...... as an aside.... there was a lady at our local hardware store who mixed paint, now you might think with today's computers and color analysis this would be an easy job...... the computer doesn't always get it right, but she could look at a color sample and get it so close I didn't know which was original and which was the copy....... she could get the finish right too. I almost cried when she retired.....the new guy uses the computer and I end up with several samples before I get a shade I can live with........ just brainstorming...... art through photography is great too!

rejectedmom

Lothlorien, No he didn't say to wrap it just to rest it, use heat and take NSAIDs.

WWM, Thanks for the suggestions. I did buy an entry level professional camera a while ago and am still learning to use it. I need a new computer and a printer to go Pro with it though and well that is expensive. Maybe I'll try selling off my toys and dolls online to help finance that. I think the handwriting is on the wall so to speak and you are right I should be planning for the future. I met a man who was an award winning artist who had to stop doing what he did due to arthritis and he had not found a new medium and he was miserable. I had suggested photography to him. We creative types are miserable if we do not have a medium with which to express ourselves.

Suz, MWM, Wyntersgrace, TerryJ2, Star, (thanks for keeping me laughing so I don't cry), Janet, EW,
Totoro, Daisylover, KLMNO, Bran155, Jog, MarcieMac, Trinity, 4sumrzn, I just want to thank you all properly for your good wishes and prayers. I was in a hurry before so could only do quick posts.

You all are the best:angel: :angel: :angel:!!!! It is nice to be able to reach out and say "I'm scared" and have such a warm and caring response. -RM

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
RM, I'm praying for you. I've been feeling creative urges, don't know how to use them. I'm so sorry you might have to find another way to express yourself. God bless!

Star*

call 911........call 911
HEY -

Those heat wraps are now made for wrists - AND instead of using them over and over - check out the Dollar General stores for those heat packets that we used when I worked in construction. You could use a hand brace and one of those.

You can also - soak a towel, then put it in a baggie - then microwave it.

Then when it's cool to the touch put it on your wrist and hand.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I don't know if it was mentioned already, but rice in a sock and then microwave is great! You can wrap it in an ace bandage around your wrist. It makes it kind of steamy also, feels really good.
I do this for the girls backs and necks.
Mine as well.

Steely

Coming late here too........
Just wanted to send hugs and prayers your way.
I am thinking of you.

Did the doctor suggest PT as a future option to surgery?

rejectedmom

TM, Wiped out, Threeshadows, and Steely, Thank you for your prayers and support. Three shadows if you want to PM me and we can talk about creative outlets for you too.

Star, great ideas thanks!

Totoro, I have some of them for my feet they fit into special booties to keep my feet warm. I have been using them for my hand. I didn't think of the ace to secure them though thanks.