I'm so dumb. Crying because my dogs are in a kennel for two days...lol.

BusynMember

My hub took daughter because I didn't want to hear my dogs barking for us when we left them. Am I a "tard" as my daughter calls it, or WHAT?:tongue:

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL Not at all! I'm feeling bad because I've been keeping Chester contained to the kitchen/back porch during his intestinal issues. His puppy eyes are brutal!

donna723

Don't feel bad - I did the same thing the first time I had to board my dogs. I was in tears! This was my first Boston, Ms. Rudy, and she boarded with our vet while we went to Florida to see my daughter. It felt just like the first time my daughter went on a sleep-over! I was so worried about Rudy! She had never been away from home before and never been away from me. We've gone to this vet for over twenty years and he's a real character. When I went to pick her up I was talking to him while we waited for them to bring Rudy from the kennel. I told him I had been so worried that she was thinking that I had abandoned her, that I was never coming back. He looked at me, grinned, and said, "That's what I've been telling her!" Then he winked!

I have four dogs now and they board at the home of one of the vet techs from his office. They get along wonderfully at her house and are very well cared for and played with constantly. But I still worry about them. The rest have been there before but my little Trace is new and he came from the Humane Society and now I'm worrying about what he's going to be thinking when I leave them at Christmas ... sigh! :(

witzend

I spend every vacation saying "I hope Bubba's ok..." Even when we left the kids home, the dogs were the ones I worried about. I never worry so much about Mandy, but Bubba? He's too set in his ways, and always was.

KTMom91

When we had to board Bud, I made Hubby take him. I couldn't stand to see my fur sweetie there looking sad.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
You're a good fuzzbutt mommy.

I worry about mine when I'm gone, too.

Just think how happy they'll be to see you when you get home!

Fran

Former desparate mom
MWM, I was absolutely stressed when I boarded Honeysue. I don't like for them to be away from home but I haven't been all that tickled with the 2 dog sitters I have had.
I have the 2 younger ones very comfortable with the folks at the dog hotel. The staff is wonderful and love them. I know they will be fine. Cowboy on the other hand will patiently wait for me to come get him. Hopefully, he will warm up but usually he doesn't. I am so impressed with the young folks who work at this place. They are so sweet with the dogs.
I hope your pups have a blast and are happy to see you when you return.

jal

You'll be Ok and they will too! Although I understand, I honestly have yet to board a dog.

Our current canine is a small Boston Terrier (2 yrs old - 14.5lbs.) & my mom LOVES her. Luckily, my mom & dad (although he's NOT a dog person) help out when we need them. They take her or come to our home to let her out (they live 1.5 miles away). She had her 1st over night this summer (with-my mom & Dad) when we went to Boston for our difficult child's autism consortium testing.

It was a hot day that she stayed. She wouldn't drink or eat while we were gone. She was upset and we all (including difficult child missed her so).

We also used to have a pure bred rottie, from the time he was 5 wks. old till he was 14.5 yrs old. and he never ate while we were away. One time he lost 7lbs, in the 6 days we were gone. He'd eat cookie treats and do his business properly and we had a friend (who he knew and liked) come into our home to feed him and take him outdoors.

But the great thing is..............they always remember you and they always get back into routine. They are resilient like most of our kids!!!!!!!!!!!!! And their love (even though we're away for a few) never stops!

susiestar

Roll With It
How mean of your daughter, not to mention rude! Of course you are not a 'tard, which I assume is short for retard and not bas----. What nerve your daughter has to call her mother that. I hope she is getting turkey flavored soap to wash her mouth out for Thanksgiving.

You are a kind, gentle, and loving person to all the people in your life. Your ANIMAL children are included because they are far more loving and less rude and mean than your human children. Do what you need to do to be able to put the dogs where you need them to be. It is OK to be upset and/or need someone else to do it.

Maybe you should ask your daughter if next time she is upset about something you should call her a "tard". Our children, esp at these me-me-me-me times of year, need to be reminded we are people that they show respect to.

Even if you don't think your daughter was out of line, you are STILL not a 'tard' and are wise to know that you cannot handle dropping them off. It would be an awful time to have an accident because you were upset or crying.

Love you, Happy Turkey Day!

SRL

I spend every vacation saying "I hope Bubba's ok..." Even when we left the kids home, the dogs were the ones I worried about. I never worry so much about Mandy, but Bubba? He's too set in his ways, and always was.

I always get really homesick for my cat when I'm away from home. I'm scheduled for surgery in a few weeks and will likely be in the hospital for 3-4 days and I'm pretty sure my cat will miss me more than my kids. :peaceful: