Im so excited...Jamie passed all his entrance tests!

DammitJanet

Jamie called me today to tell me he passed all his entrance exams and will be starting college in January. This is such a huge step for him. He always said he would never go back to school.

I did have to laugh with him because when he went to take the first set of tests he went in blind. Oh they gave him a book to study from since he has been out of school so long but he figured he was now experienced in writing and that he could do basic math just fine, well no problem right? Wrong! He passed the English portion of the test with flying colors but when he started on the math..well, there was a problem. He said he held his hand up and told the teacher that there must be something wrong because there were letters mixed in with his number...lmao. He always was the class clown. So he had a week to study and go back and retake the tests...he had to pass 5 parts and he did it! He is so proud of himself.

Its going to be hard on him to do online school plus work a full time job PLUS be a dad. His job isnt just a 40 hour week either. Sometimes he is on call for days at a time. I just hope his wife wont throw a fit when he isnt able to just be at his beck and call anymore. When he is home he will need to study and do school work on the computer. You cant do that plus take care of kids after working all day. Well you can but he shouldnt have to when she doesnt work.

Im pretty happy.

everywoman

Yeah. My youngest two have also gone back. difficult child is studying wildlife management and easy child starts in January pursuing a degree in early childhood ed. I know you are proud of him.

scent of cedar

This changes everything Janet, for everyone in your family. Jamie is opening the door to entirely different futures for all the grandkids ~ and for his siblings, too.

Happy, hard-working days.

I love this news! Thanks for sharing with us.

:O)

Cedar

That is such great news! If she is annoying him, he can stay in the computer lab at school
unti he is finished studying.

DammitJanet

LOL UAN...he is taking all online classes because of his work schedule. There is no way at the moment he can commit to certain days to be in class. They are down one officer because she went to the police academy.

One interesting thing is Jamie called me Sunday all excited because he found something that if he can pull it off will be the case of his career. I cant say anything more because who knows who might be lurking. I will let everyone know when it all goes down because I have no doubt it will make major papers.

Way To Go Jamie!! Janet, I can only imagine how happy, excited and proud you are!! This is fantastic news!! Thanks for sharing, for making me smile, on a cold, wet, snowy morning... SFR

susiestar

Roll With It
Way To Go Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud!!! It won't at all be easy, but it will be worth the struggle in the long run. This could make HUGE changes in his children's futures. And in his, of course!