I'm SO glad this tax year is behind me!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I filed our '09 taxes today and, gulp, authorized the debit to Uncle Sam from our checking account. We owed quite a bit this year because of husband's lump-sum severance that bumped us into another bracket. All I can say is ouch, and thank goodness that's over with! Kinda like ripping a bandaid off... a really BIG bandaid... on a really hairy arm! :faint:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm with you there, tho I don't owe the $. I get money back however my return was something like 37 pages long. It took me days & then I headed out to a CPA to have it checked over.....Ick.

Here's to less complex days.

SRL

I filed our '09 taxes today and, gulp, authorized the debit to Uncle Sam from our checking account. We owed quite a bit this year because of husband's lump-sum severance that bumped us into another bracket. All I can say is ouch, and thank goodness that's over with! Kinda like ripping a bandaid off... a really BIG bandaid... on a really hairy arm! :faint:

I feel your pain. I usually do the taxes but my husband takes care of adjustments to withdrawings through work. We'd had a large refund the year before so he majorly adjusted the withholdings, then the next year we moved a bracket. You can imagine the devestation. :sick:

It was a doubly whammy because we had to take out of savings to pay the tax, along with a huge increase in withholdings to cover the last year's amount in 9 months.

I just loaded in Turbo Tax....here goes nothing.