I'm so tired.

Methuselah

Yeah, it's called "dead in bed" syndrome. difficult child 1 knows someone who accidentally died from it, too, but it doesn't stop her. She knows I will rescue her. I have to.

When I state she NEVER expresses anger or rage overtly, I mean she never, ever does. Everything is covert--spit in your drink, leaves her dirty underwear on your pillow, spreads nasty rumors about you, obstinate to the extreme, etc. She doesn't scream, throw things, kick things, etc. She won't even answer questions the vast majority of time. She just stares at you. The only thing that makes her overt is if I go to snip her hair. That's it. It is so bizarre. Her diabetes is a covert weapon for her aggression.

And I have to treat her. There was a case here in Texas where parents of a teenager were tried for manslaughter because they mismanaged their daughter's diabetes. Also, I really don't want to go in and find her dead or anyone else to do that. That will live with all of us for the rest of our lives. I can't do that to them.

Thanks all for your support. As I said, no one understands. They see sweet, mannerly, charming girls and a mom saying a difficult child version of "the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes." I come as unsupportive and unloving, I guess.