I'm so very frustrated, angry & want the heck out of this town...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I took kt back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) after a day pass ~ gone all of 45 minutes. I get home to a burglary in progress.

Stupid, stupid, stupid ~ all my windows were down & the security thingys were in place except in the dining room.

I call 911 & was told to wait in my car until the police arrived; I'm in my car & 2 jerks come tearing out of my house carrying whatever in a bag.

The police arrive & with guns out begin to search my house. All clear. After all the pictures & finger prints were taken I begin an inventory. Kindle, Wii, laptop gone. They'd gone thru my bedroom & took all sorts of jewelry.

They stole husband's wedding ring. I can't believe it's gone. Everything else can be replaced ~ not husband's wedding ring. I'm devastated. That was the one thing I held onto from husband. All else has been donated or given to wm.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh my, Linda, I'm soooo sorry. How devastating. Perhaps checking with local pawn shops in the next few days to weeks will turn it up for you. Hugs.

keista

((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry! I agree with H&R, I'm sure the cops also will have the alert out to the Pawn shops (and gold buyers for the ring).

As irreplaceable as that ring is, you are even more so. Good thing you noticed something was going on and kept yourself safe!

JJJ

I'm so sorry Linda. I agree with the others. Keep a look out at the pawn shops. I hope you can get it back.

Mattsmom277

Oh my! I'm so sorry you came home to that! Glad you stayed in the car, heart sick for you about your husband's ring. (((hugs))) I hope they catch the buggers (and get your ring back at least!)

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so sorry Linda but I'm glad you are ok. One thing about the ring....not only check pawn shops, but also notify anyplace that buys gold and other metals and also....Craigslist. I'm sure many of us would be more than happy to help you montior postings in your area, just let us know.

Again, I'm glad you are ok. Even though husband's ring can't be replaced and has more value than anything....YOU can't be replaced and are worth far more than even that ring.

H

HaoZi

OMW I'm so sorry Linda. I hope they find these guys and the ring, but I know such crimes are low on the priority list and most people end up looking for the stuff themselves. Was your Kindle registered? There's always a chance they can try tracking them down through that, the Wii, or the laptop.

Nancy

Oh Linda how awful. Do you think someone has been watching your house and knew you were going to be gone then?

Nancy

T

TeDo

Oh Hon, I am so sorry. I can only imagine how this is killing you. I get very sentimental with things like that to. I have a ring of my dad's that I think would kill me if anything happened to that. I am just soooooooo glad that YOU are okay! I don't blame you for wanting out. I didn't last long in your area (only a couple years on the east side). You can come live with me! We'll make room for you! It's only a short jaunt. (Sounds tempting doesn't it?) I can't remember the last time we had a single home invasion and I've lived here all my life. We would love to have you in this neck of the woods.

{{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} and prayers to you!

How did Lenny handle it? Was he in the car with you, I hope?

Andy

How horrid! Glad you did the right thing by staying in your car. You never know what weapons they may be carrying. I am so sorry about the ring! Why do there have to be such jerks making life miserable?

Have there been other break-ins in the area recently?

DammitJanet

Linda...this happened to a friend of mine here and I know how traumatized she was. I helped her deal with the police and go through her house. She actually never slept alone in her house again and let the bank repossess it a few months later. The cops really didnt even do much to look for her stuff even though they had finger prints and tire prints and it was obvious that the "bad guys" left on a 4 wheeler because half her stuff was dropping off in her driveway on the way out! Obviously teens or very young adults so they had to live not too far from her and we put out feelers to see who we thought had done it. She didnt live far from me and word does get around.

One thing we learned is to look at the pawn shops ourselves. Also to put ads on craigslist saying we were looking for such and such an item and wanting a picture before we bought the item. Your Kindle is probably going to end up at a pawn shop but you can probably identify it by your Kindle account. No thief is going to realize that. Laptop too. Laptop too unless they are really good and know enough to wipe the hard drive before they take it in. Even if they just delete stuff, your original info as buyer will still be there.

H

HaoZi

I've had to completely wipe a computer due to a virus, and you might be surprised how many documents I was able to recover even after that with a free program, so if it is recovered and has been wiped, there's still hope.

DammitJanet

Exactly....now there are programs out there that can wipe a hard drive very very well but the average bear doesnt use them.

Steely

Oh man - unbelievable. So sorry. Especially about husband's ring - I know how much that meant to you. Scary.

DDD

I'm so sorry for your trauma and your loss...and I am really glad that you didn't arrive during the crime.
Sending caring hugs. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh, honey... I am SO sorry... I don't have any other good advice but I'm sending you all the good vibes and prayers I can.

witzend

Big gentle hugs, Linda. I hope that they will find your things - all of them. I'd start perusing the craigslist ads for them. Who needs a fence when they can sell it themselves?