I'm so very frustrated, angry & want the heck out of this town...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's so awful!!! I hope they catch the guys. I'll keep my fingers crossed you're able to recover some of your things. Others already gave good advice about the local pawn shops.

TerryJ2

HOLY COW!!!!
I am so glad you didn't go in. It could have been much worse.
I don't suppose you used your cell ph to take a picture of the guys running out? Just a thought.
I'd be so p*****ed. It's YOUR house, your privacy. And husband's ring.
Many, many hugs.

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm so sorry, Linda.

Don't beat yourself up. As the police told us when our house was broken into, locks only keep out the "honest thieves".

I hope husband's wedding ring turns up.

cubsgirl

Wow! I'm really glad that you are safe. I hope you can get your stuff back - especially the sentimental stuff. ((hugs))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you ladies. I'm sorry I've been so slow to respond as I've been inventorying my home.

Along with husband's wedding band there's an antique rosary that was my great grandmother's that I cherished. All together there is about $2500 in items missing from my home.

I just got off the phone with a sergeant assigned to my case & they found the pawn shop where my Kindle was pawned, along with my Wii console & controllers. This officer was heading out to see if any jewelry was in this transaction as well.

The fingerprints didn't pop up any known criminals ~ doesn't mean they won't tho. I'm off to find the serial numbers to the laptop that's missing.

Keep serial numbers, ladies. I didn't know how important that was ~ now I am blatantly aware of this.

H

HaoZi

Wow, I hope they used the same pawn shop for everything, or one right near it if they didn't. Hope the shop had cameras, too. Nice that they got on top of this right away, you often don't get that kind of response out of most depts.

DDD

I have been surprised to see how many "we buy gold" signs have sprouted up outside small grocery and convenience stores in our community. I have no idea if they, like pawn shops, have to keep records but sadly I doubt it. I'm still hoping the remainder of your things will be located. Hugs. DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry Linda!

Way To Go with pawn shops though. Check others in the area and in town as well. If they tried to pawn it all at once honest pawn shops get suspicious at so much stuff. Well, at least my bro always did.

(((hugs))))

DammitJanet

Actually DDD, they have to keep that stuff at least a minimum amount of time in case the stuff is stolen or the people decide they want it back. If you have ever listened to those TV commercials they say things about best price or item returned...well that works the same at the local places too. So I think they have a 2 week or 30 day holding period. They may have to report it to the local police like a pawn shop does...dont know about that one though.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Just sending hugs.....I am going to hope and pray you find the ring. I know what that feels like.

Hugs & Love