I'm so...

tiredmommy

exhausted right now. I started treatment for a nasty sinus infection a few days ago, 500mg Biaxin 2x daily. All I can do is sleep and lie on the couch.

I hate this! I want to get up and do something!!!:angry-very:

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Ugh, NOT fun! been there done that, way too many times! I am so sorry you are not feeling well!!!

Drink lots and lots of water, rest and the stuff you need/want to do will still be there after you get better!!!

Hugs of health,
Vickie

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, love the biaxin. My favorite part is when everything you eat tastes like tin foil. Yum.

Hope you feel better soon. I know all too well how much this crud drags you down.

busywend

You are exhausted because you are sick. Your body is MAKING you rest. So listen to it!

Settle in for Dr.Phil, Oprah and all the other daytime shows! Oh yeah, Rachel Rae and Ellen are good, too.

Keep the water, kleenex and medications handy. Maybe some bonbons, too! LOL!

tiredmommy

Thanks for the support. The problem is... I'm miserable. I'm the world's worst patient and do not accept being laid up easily.

Grrr! This is interfering with my life!!!:mad:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've posted this before, but from a chronic (no more) sinus person...the shower snot is a saver. (I know it's gross, but you can always clean the shower.) You might puke the first time or two, but it really does clear you out. Just imagine swimming under water and inhaling all that water. Eww. But, it works.

Nice hot shower...**** it in through your nose and blow it out. Do that a couple of times and it clears you to a point where you can actually breathe and release the tension and headache.

I used to have severe sinus infections that went nearly back to back. That was 15 years ago. A doctor suggested this technique and it has worked wonders. As SOON as I feel that pressure, I do it and haven't had a sinus infection since. It has worked wonders. I was facing surgery through the upper palate and top of the nose. I'll gag a bit to not go through that.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Abbey

tiredmommy

Thanks for the advice, Abbey. I won't be trying it this time as I'm so weak right now that I fear I'd pass out in the shower! But I'll try to remember when the next one comes along.

Does anyone know if it's normal that my temperature continues to hover around 101F even after being on strong antibiotics for two days?

F

flutterbee

Lately, anytime I've been sick and it seems to be taking a long time for the fever or pain or whatever to calm down even with strong antibiotics, the doctors always tell me to finish the antibiotics and then see them if it isn't better. But you should still call your doctor and see what they say. I guess they're giving the antibiotics more time to try to work than before. I don't know if it's because of resistance or what, but it seems that more and more of us are getting really sick with illnesses that used to just be a nuisance for a day or two until the antibiotics kicked in.

Lots of rest and plenty of fluids. I hope you feel better soon.

Steely

Sound like the antibiotics are not working if your fever is still that high. I would call the doctor first thing in the morning.

Any chance you have a virus on top of the infection?

Sorry you are feeling so crummy. Hugs.