I'm sorry-the cards were beautiful!

To those of you who were wondering why I didn't send out a card, I went to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for eating disorders before the list arrived, I just recently returned. I hope everyone had a great holiday, I'm adjusting to life at home and I'm returning to work on Tuesday. My kids and husband cooked, cleaned and did laundry for themselves! They learned how to take care of themselves, and I am turning the reigns over to them for things, I couldn't handle the stress- I went to bed late, and was at the gym at 4am- I weighed 92 pounds. I learned some things, but am freaked out at the weight gain.

I'm still not ok at 97, but I am going to try to maintain it here. And I won't go the gym at 4, or twice a day ever again. I missed each and every one of you!!!!!!! love Alyssa

LittleDudesMom

Alyssa,

so glad to hear from you this morning! Been wondering how things went since you shared the news on the HL forum. Take it one day at a time hon.

Sharon

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kudos for you to make your life better. Just ship me your gym membership and I'll let it sit in the drawer for the many I've attempted over the years.:tongue:

Seriously, you know where you can ALWAYS turn if you're having issues. We're a pretty good pick me up group.

Abbey

Marguerite

You probably already know this - but there are ways to stay healthy, look good and also stay fit. You can continue to have control over your health, but in a positive way.

I'm glad your family looked after themselves so well. That is always one of my worries - how would they be, if I wasn't here? Knowing they did so well hopefully will make it easier for you to continue to look after yourself. It is the best gift you could give your family - yourself.

Marg

klmno

Kudos to you!! Hang in there and remember "To Thine Own Self Be True". You can't be there for anyone else if you don't take care of yourself first. You did a great thing by starting down that road already!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Soooooooo now that you're back home.....when do I get MY card??? Hmmm?
(tapping foot) I mean NOT that I'm counting 1,2,3,,,,,cards or anything...lol.

I am very proud of you UANA. Your courage, strength and bravery are such an inspiration to so many that are struggling with eating disorders. You NEVER know who you may touch in this community that doesn't have the courage you do to speak out. I think you're one fantastic lady!!! Now, get me my card. :tongue: I didn't even send my stuff from the D.A. Ranch this year. LOL - Thought I'd give everyone's kids' eyeballs a break. :laugh:

Welcome Home - We're ALWAYS here......
Still waiting.....on our card. hahah.

seriously.....waiting....
ooonnnnnn
the card...

just kidding.

I'm probably the only one that still has them up.....
waiting

on you.....
hahah

Love ya~!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Kudos for getting the help you needed! As said earlier, you never know who's life you'll touch just by living your own.

And don't feel bad about the card. Mine aren't out, either.

Slightly different reason, but they aren't out yet, all the same. I'm still sending them, tho. Just (obviously) not Christmas cards (per se, anyway).

Star*

call 911........call 911
(Ummmmmmmmm)

PAY NO ATTENTION TO SHARI's REASON FOR NOT GETTING CARDS OUT AS IT HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :anxious:TO DO WITH ME:confused: NOT GETTING HER ON THE LIST AND BEING COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WITH A TOTAL SENIOR:confused: MOMENT ---(OH UAN I felt like a total heal) :(

BUT OTHER THAN THAT PAY NO ATTENTION TO THIS FACT....:faint:

I think she's sending us all Valentines.......:D

Well Terri sended some.....:redface:

OMG Star, All that foot tapping is freaking my ADD out and i can't really concentrate on anything......I'm sending you 2 valentine cards, ok just for the inconvenience that I know has ruined your entire life.Ok, I'm hurrying...........what the heck happened to my list...oh no, it's here someplace.....I think I lost it. Can I blame husband? Can someone send me a copy? Hello Shari? I have to pm you something!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Notice, UAN, that I did not say a WORD about how it came to pass that I was not on the list...hm??? Not....a....peep. lol

And yes, I'm sending something other than Christmas cards. lol

(PS feel free to blame me...)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am glad you went for help. It is a life long struggle no matter how much therapy and how many times you tell yourself you are beautiful.
I know you know this. But you are worth it. When that stupid BiPolar (BP) has you feeling so good and like nothing can bring you down try hard to remember that you will come down and you will have those crappy feelings again making it harder to deal with. you have to stay on top of this disorder.
I don't know why our minds mess with us like this? But each day can get better, baby steps and watching the mood, even if it has to be daily.
Please be gentle with yourself.

totoro

Oh and my cards aren't out either! I have another reason as well! I don't know if it is real? I am sure not in Star*s mind... tee-hee. But I am still trying! I am not even to that box yet!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHhhhhhh KAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY..............

See I have no good excuses this year.
Dude moved back in with us.
He brought home a puppy that can not be potty trained.
I did NOT get compensated for nor get my vacation this year from work.
I have a hang nail.
I'm loosing my hair.
My shoes are too tight.
I forget my name almost daily. Who am I again?
Who are you? Why am I typing? Something about cooking sherry and bon bons? Let me think.....No wait...
(slaps head)
I FORGOT THAT TOTO who's mean, evil, vile, unkind, wicked landlord told her that they had to move during CHristmas and somehow omitted HER from the list too. THERE I SAID IT.....I PUT TOTO and SHARI close together and when I did some fancy cut and paste move -------I must have cyber zapped them....and my powers of checking it once checking it twice were kaput.
THEN I did not do my usual be anal about the date.....nope, I was lacasadaciasialalsidaldialdladeddah.....don't be uptight.....and didn't even SEND out the cards until the first week of December instead of the 3rd week of NOVEMBER like I always have done. UGH. :sick:

So.......(exhale) it was not a successful list year for me......I left off 2 of my dearest friends. I didn't get the cards to our wonderful Canadian sisters until um....OH I dunno maybe CHRISTMAS day.....and my New Zeland Kiwi? Well I haven't heard from her since. I mark it down as the 09 disaster. :(

THIS YEAR.......I'M ALREADY TAKING NAMES........I'm ON MY GAME.....
I've GOT MY PAPER.......I've GOT THE DESIGN......I've GOT A DEADLINE......
I'VE GOT MY CARDS.......AND I'm PUTTING BACK NOW FOR STAMPS.

Soooooo.........IF YOU WANT ON.......EMAIL ME.....PM ME FOR EMAIL....
COME AND GET ME 2010........I"M ON TOP OF MY GAME!!!!

I'll CAMP OUT AT THE POSTAL OFFICE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH ME....
I'LL BE READY AND I'm SENDING CONFIRMATION NOTICES OUT THIS YEAR....NO MORE MISTAKES......NO MORE HURT FEELINGS......NO MORE MISSED OPPORTUNITIES.......NO MORE GREAT BIG SMACKS......

I AM THE CARD LIST PERSON HEAR ME ROAR>>>>>>>>>>>>

meow.....

totoro

Can we all just send ourselves somewhere wonderful this year for Christmas? Just us? We can comfort each other and let all of the ca-ca just fade away... shoot those of you wierdos can even bring your ice and milk or OJ.
Oh and Raoul. and of course all of our Dogs!!!
Start the list Star*!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto darling,

(said while wringing hands with an evil grin) and slitted eyes.......

Why you are on the TOP of my list.....and yer little dog too.

You and Shaaaaaaariiiiii sharrrrrrreeeeeeeeiiiiii baaaaay aaaaaay beeee....

Ohhhh Sharrii baybay......

Oh Yay! I just bought some lovely cards and will fill them out tonight-my 19-year old friend(that I met at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)) just called me and said NOT to get sent anywhere else because she had to eat some giant lasanga and now 3 granola bars, so I better stop starving myself and just go to a psychiatrist. I was so dehydrated unbeknownst to me thatI thought Friday was the end of my life.I kept falling down and was so dizzy BUT now I am not and can send out the cards-(I'm sorry Kolonopin and serequil are new to my life) My insurance company wants me to go to another Residential Treatment Center (RTC), but alll they do is feed you, and they don't wok on the problem of why I think I don't want to eat. I hate my fat. But amI venting? sorry. husband said he willl calll the cops and have me commited if I get skinnier, that's what the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) told him to do. He can't do that, I can bs any judge. I can actually hold it together in the rest of my life, but here, I can tell you guys anything. Trinity, you are a SWEETHEART and always say such nice things to me and to everyone. But you are all sweethearts! love, Alyssa

totoro

Fill out those cards! Do not get sent anywhere else unless you feel you need to be there.

Try to enjoy something each day, one bite of anything. psychiatrist's can be wonderful people, not just drug pushers.

Please take care of yourself, for you and us and your family.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Alyssa,

All kidding aside....Would you be willing/able to share with us what goes through your mind or your thoughts about food/eating/not eating/feelings???

I am asking no so much to be nosey, but for a specific person and thought if I could get some first hand information it would help me understand better. Not that I could ever begin to help or understand what she does, but maybe so I can cope? It's okay if you don't or can't. Really. I think the journey you're on is fascinating really. I'm all ears if you want to talk or type.

My friend has Chron's, Anorexia, and is 94 lbs. They just put her on steroids for the Chrons and gave her prescription shakes. Oddly enough she craves sugar. I mean like no one I've ever seen. You bring out a bag of 6 month old Halloween candy and she'll eat and eat and eat. No nutritional value, but one cares because she's eating something. Any ideas?

If you don't want to reply - just say so - I'll understand really really.

:D