I'm stepping way outside my comfort zone

Wiped Out

Staff member
today. I'm about to head out for my first run of any kind. I'm not a runner and never have been and, in addition, I've done no training of any kind. I do exercise a lot but that's not the same as running.

Our boot camp instructor encouraged us to try this run. He said it was for people at all fitness levels. It's a "mud run". This is basically a four mile obstacle course. We will run through water, climb walls, crawl through mud and who knows what else. It's only 27 degrees right now!!!!l

I think I'm nuts for deciding to try this but I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone and now I'm super nervous. Poor husband, I encouraged him to come too and it's his birthday. Wish me luck 'cause I know I'm going to need lots of it!

SuZir

Sounds like fun! (Really, I mean it, and wasn't trying to be sarcastic.)

You will probably feel awesome after you are done.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know what? GOOD FOR YOU!!!

We all should get out of our comfort zones once in a while.

It sounds like fun to me. Ohhhh, don't get me wrong, I might not get through half of one and hurt like hades for days later..........but still sounds like fun.

I hope you have a blast!

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks for all of the good thoughts! I finished and am so proud of myself even if I did finish last for our team!! I think the last time I was that muddy was in college when we had a baseball game in the mud.

I fell about 5 times but got up each time and kept on going. Even though my run is very slow (think incredibly slow jog) I never walked the entire way. We went through water, carried pumpkins, crawled through tunnels, went over walls of all types and much more. At the very end you crawl under all of these flags in the muddy water!

I'm not sure I will ever warm up-have already had hot chocolate and a very warm shower!! I'm now officially ready for a nap! I think I earned it:)

cubsgirl

You definitely earned the nap :) I have a friend encouraging me to do a mud run with her too - I'm looking forward to it. Good for you and husband.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Omg-I slept for almost 3 hours (would have slept longer but difficult child would have none of it)! Hopefully I'll sleep tonight because I have to get up at 4:30 for boot camp tomorrow morning!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Woot!!! Awesome! Sounds like loads of fun. (other than the freezing part) You should be very proud of yourself!!

I don't doubt you needed that nap either. lol

TerryJ2

Congratulations! That is awesome. You definitely deserved that nap. I hope that you made difficult child do your muddy laundry for waking you up, heh heh.

Good luck in the chilly a.m.