I'm Still Here!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hey all!

Well, I'm not on very often anymore, but here I am.

Much is peaceful in my life right now. husband cut ties with toxic mother in law and father in law a while back, so that stress is gone. Belle is still in prison, so we know she is safe, and fed, and clean. She has a little over 2 months left... 10 weeks. I really hope she has learned her lesson, but I'm cautiously optimistic. She knows she cannot ever come home to live again.

Pat's in online schooling and doing pretty well. He's had some blips and bumps, but I think it's going to be okay. Working on his getting a job!

husband is working, out of town most weeks, home most weekends. Our relationship is getting better constantly, probably more due to the fact that we have less stress than his being gone. He was home last week and it was wonderful!

Me? All is well. I've joined Weight Watchers and lost 14 lbs. since September. Slow and steady! I am already noticing that I don't hurt as much. Still not smoking (almost 3 years there).

And Rose. Ahh, Rose. Everywhere we go, random strangers stop me to tell me how adorable she is. And others hear her, and are captivated by how smart she is! She can count to 16, knows how many 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 5 are, and can *almost* sing the entire alphabet song. Her favorite things are Frozen, Spiderman, Sofia the First and BOOKS! She also uses big words appropriately (and a couple of smaller obscenities, too. Sigh). Pat is just wonderful with her, and she adores him too.

(And there's my parents... She idolizes them, and they her...)

Californiablonde

I'm glad life is going well for you. Rose sounds super sweet and adorable. I am back on Weight Watchers myself after having a disastrous dieting month in November. I now have about 50 pounds to lose but I'm determined even through the holidays. You go girl!

dstc_99

I am glad to hear you and the family are doing so well! I miss hearing about your family all the time. Rose and Pat sound so cute. Don't tell Pat I said that though he would be mortified. lol

S

Signorina

I am so glad to see you on the boards. Rose sounds adorable - I can't help but remember way back when she was a teeny glimmer of a bean! It sounds like Pat is thriving too and it must be so nice to have a calm home.

I am sorry Belle is still a question mark but I am glad you are cautiously optimistic. Crossing my fingers for you that all will be peaceful and calm when she is released.

As for the others - it's so liberating to let go of the toxic people in your life. I am glad you and Frank Butler are doing so well. You've certainly paid your dues with those hectic years and you had to be a warrior mom so early in your marriage. Enjoy the calm times; you've earned them!

I've missed seeing you on the boards - seems a lot of familiar posters have waned. Have you heard from HoundDog? I hope all is well there. Please give her my regards if you are in touch. I miss her wise words of wisdom and I know she had her hands full with her mom. Let her know I am thinking of her.

Thank you for the update - love the good news posts!

TerryJ2

What a great update! It's amazing to look back on our lives and see how far we've come. I'm glad that you set groundrules for Belle after she gets out of prison.
Rose sounds adorable. I know you are enjoying her. Fingers crossed for Pat's potential job. Congrats on your evolving and improving marriage, and on Weightwatchers. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yes, Sig, many oldtimers are waning but still around. I can tell you that I am in touch with quite a few - Steely, flutterby, nvts, TeDo, Buddy, of course HoundDog, Totoro, Shari, witzend and others. I will let them know you're thinking of them!

I'll have to post more often... Seems like life has gotten crazier!

S

Signorina

Please give them all my fondest regards. Especially Dee- she was so helpful to me when pc20 was picking colleges. He did - in fact - end up in her backyard and every time I visit him I think of her!