I'm the queen of dye jobs

everywoman

On furniture that is. I love taking something old and worn out and making it look like I want it to.

This is not the first time I've used dye. I frequently dye stained white pants or shirts. I once dyed a sofa by hand. And my best friend and I dyed her son's yucky bedroom carpet--it turned out lovely.

I inheirited husband's mohters rattan furniture for my sun room. It is a beautiful rattan framed sofa and chair, but the mauve floral pattern just does not match the rest of my house. So, I picked up some fabric dye and dyed it today. It turned out a beautiful color---exactly what I wanted---unfortunately, it also fell apart at the seams. So...it's on to new slip covers!

On_Call

Ah! Sounds pretty - and you are brave! I have never dyed a thing in my life - other than tie-dye in college! I think I would be too afraid to actually give it a try.

Good for you!!

slsh

member since 1999
Ohhhh... I so admire people who have the talent, taste, and skill to do stuff like this! I'm completely inept at dyeing (unless you count husband's pink underwear :rofl: ). Sorry the seams fell apart, sounds like it was a lovely color!!

Dyeing a carpet??? I didn't even know you could do such a thing!

DammitJanet

I dyed carpet. Oh...I dont think you meant the koolaid stains, pet stains and general kid and dirt...lmao.

Arent you the talented one katmom!