I'm Too Old for This *Stuff*

On_Call

All easy child wanted for her birthday was a Bratz sleepover. I relented and it was last night. She was allowed to invite 3 friends, but only asked 2 that she knew would get along. One could come and one could not.

All I can say is Thank God there were only 2 8-year-olds here last night. I AM EXHAUSTED!! :slap:

My mother was kind enough to invite difficult child for a sleepover, which was awesome. He does not deal well with the giggling gaggle of girlness.

husband desserted me - he went to dinner and a movie with my sister and her husband (nice, right?), so I was left to my own devices, beginning at 2:00 p.m. Happy Meals for dinner - cake (I made the cutest sleepover cake - looked like 3 little girls lying in sleeping bags) & ice cream. We made beaded necklaces and played several Bratz games. Then there was popcorn and 2 Bratz movies. All went according to plan until they decided they were going to stay up all night.

I checked on them twice and they faked me out - pretended they were sleeping. At 11:30, they were both crying. Apparently they were having a pillow fight and easy child smacked her girlfriend with a stuffed animal. girlfriend wanted to call home and talk to her dad, which she did - and they settled down.

husband was home by then and he and I watched a dvd. At 1:00 a.m., I went upstairs to go to bed and they were still awake!!! I finally had to pull out my grumpiest guest-in-the-house voice and lay down the law. As near as I can figure it, the little angels finally fell asleep around 1:30. Can you imagine? :surprise:

Then, they were up again at 7:00 a.m.!

Could I really have ever put my mother through that? :faint: EEK!!

Next year, I'm springing for a bowling party or something. :rofl:lol

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next year, I'm springing for a bowling party or something. </div></div>

I hear ya, Jamie. :rofl:

Suz

On_Call

Glad you all got a kick out of my big Saturday night escapade! lol. Ah to be young again. :wink:

I have to tell you. Now, I am so overtired that I can't sleep. Eek. It's 2:00 a.m. and I am still awake. husband's lawn-mower-like snoring is not helping!!

5:45 is getting closer with each passing moment!

On_Call

Ah yes, they certainly had a good time - that much can be said, for sure. I am still tired! I don't know how kids do it.

Next time, easy child will probably want to invite a few more girls over and husband will probably run away with difficult child for the weekend! lol Can't really say that I blame him, but I am still curious where he got the "get out of jail free" card. hee hee!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry, Jamie - you cannot be too old. I am! (I have a few years on you) Next sleepover I expect an invite for kt. I'll deliver her to your doorstep & then we'll talk tired. :rofl:

On_Call

Linda,

You can consider kt having an open invitation! At least then, perhaps you would hang out with me and we could watch a chick flick or something while the girls decide to stay up to see the sun rise - not leave me out to dry like my own husband did! lol

I was so tired by the time they fell asleep that I was minutes away from attempting bribery - no joke! I kept thinking "what could I promise them that might make them try to go to sleep?" Dr. Phil's "find their currency" kept going through my head. Hee hee. The way our minds work when we're exhausted, right?