I'm TOO sexy for MY (new) Shirt....lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
So....... I get this box yesterday in the mail. I get a call at work. It's from DF he says "NOW you have a box from CALIFORNIA. Who is GCV MOM?" I said sheepishly "Just another girl in the hood - you know dear, one of the Thugs on the phone." :surprise:

So I get home and OMG it's a box of the most beautiful clothes!!!! And they fit MEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee. I'm thrilled, so I'm trying on these hand me ups. I'm so tickled because noting in my closet fits (while I'm not complaining at all) it's been a little embarrassing to try to well....look nice. So my lovely GCV said "Lemme see what I gots." and with her beautiful heart - sent me a box!!

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH - YOU ARE A LOVE & 1/2......I AM THRILLED BEYOND WORDS...and without much ado I began trying on things and the odd thing is - we have the same clothing taste. Everything in the box was fantastic, only a couple things didn't fit, and by next Spring I imagine they will.

So I picked out this one beautiful white blouse and a pair of dressy jeans to wear to work today. I have a grey wool blazer - and NOW I look very officey.....dressy casual. I'm on cloud 9. I get dressed, I make coffee, I put stuff in a dressy handbag and I'm out.the.door. Even the girls across the way said "You look so nice today!" I felt like a million bucks. Until.

Until.....I took off the wool blazer, sat down and ......word to the wise....DO NOT try on clothes in a work out bra that "mashes" you flat and then wear your push-up bra under a new shirt and not check your look in the mirror.

OH.:surprise: MY.:surprise:WOW:surprise: -

Either someone is going to think my hormones have gone off the chart -or I'm bucking up for a raise :anxious:.

Needless to say I managed to cover up - get across the alley, beg for a safety pin, tuck myself up and now me and the 'girls' are happily hidden from view and still look - presentable......OMG you would think I drive a Jeep or a Red Chrysler Mini van to work. ;):tongue:

THANK YOU SO MUCH GCV MOM -
I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!
Star*bie the real barbie.....roflm new-shirt off.....oy. - It's okay I have several others. haha.

mstang67chic

Going Green
:cutie_pie:

Woo hoo!!!! New clothes always make you feel better....or a new hair color, new vehicle...whatever works! :winks:

Just tell me you won't eat half of the shirt, fish it out of the trash and wear it anyway. :bigsmile:

(You HAVE to post those pictures by the way)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Until.....I took off the wool blazer, sat down and ......word to the wise....DO NOT try on clothes in a work out bra that "mashes" you flat and then wear your push-up bra under a new shirt and not check your look in the mirror.

OH.:surprise: MY.:surprise:WOW:surprise: -

Either someone is going to think my hormones have gone off the chart -or I'm bucking up for a raise :anxious:.

I don't know, Star...

After hearing some of the stories of the guys you work with--perhaps that's just the thing to get the raise you deserve? If I remember correctly, the boss wasn't at all swayed by professional reviews or recommendations...

If you can 'sway' him with your new blouse.....????

Of course, it's kinda chilly today--maybe wait to "sway" him some other time.

--DaisyFace

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
YOOOWZAAAA!!!

You deserve it so much, you have worked your svelt patooty off!!! Show it all off!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm SO glad you can put it to good use. :bigsmile: If I can't squeeze into them, I figure I may as well pass them along to someone who's worked her tail off to lose the weight who CAN! It really is my pleasure, dear. Maybe one of these days your inspiring ways will actually rub off on me and I'LL be the one with bragging rights over the scale!

You be sure to let us know when that moron of a boss gives you the raise that is so VERY overdue!