I'm very proud of my Duckie...

tiredmommy

She and I were talking about her diet list recently. We were daydreaming about the incredibly slim chance than the allergist could tell her we don't need the strict rotation diet any longer at our next appointment in late winter or next spring. She, of course, was happy at the prospect that she could eat what she wanted much more often. Then, a cloud went over her face and she said "What about the allergy table (at school)?" I asked her what she meant and she went on to tell me that it would be fun to sit with her class at lunch but she was concerned about leaving behind the other child she sits with at the allergy table. I asked her what she wanted and she said "I could always sit with my class in first grade. I'd like to stay the rest of the year at the allergy table with XXX."

This is the same child who was singled out last year for her extreme taunting and mean behavior to the other children in her preschool class. I'm so :censord2: proud!

Janna

That's so sweet of her, TM. Tell you what, that goes to show the good values her wonderful mother is instilling in her. She had to learn that somewhere.

Good for you both :bravo:

pigless

I really like the fact that she understands that the other child will be alone at the allergy table. I cannot imagine how hard it is for kids to sit at a separate table due to food allergies. I completely understand the necessity for the separate table, though.

What an extremely thoughtful idea, Duckie!

tiredmommy

I think the amazing part of this is that she and her best friend had such a difficult time in preschool because the would purposely leave other children out. She's really grown.