Important news for Canadians

Skylark Matrix

Hi, I haven't posted for a while. I finally got my new job and I'm so tired of computers by the time I get home I don't want to look at mine!!! difficult child is doing suprisingly well and I am cautiously optimistic.
Now the the important news: Canada Revenue Agency has a disability tax credit. For all of you Canadians out there it is worth looking into. If your difficult child is diagnosed that is the main part of the battle. A psychologist has to fill out forms and so do you. It takes a long time to get through the system but REv CA will go back ten years and reasses your taxes. If you qualify. Also, the pscyho. will advise them how long the assessment should last. We just got notice last week that we qualify and will qualify until 2011. I'm not sure of how much money this will give us. My main reason for doing this is the documentation that these kids need help and I'm using this for a stepping stone for others to access this. It should be mandatory that adoption agencies let parents know that there is financial help available. difficult child's cost more to raise because they are always breaking, loosing, forgetting something, not to mention that they can't take care of themselves until who knows when.
Pass this around to all your friends of children with disabilities.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Skylark, I think your post deserves a wider audience so I am going to move it to the General forum where more people will read it.

I'm delighted to read your good family news. Keep us posted!

Thanks for the info.

Suz

JJJ

I tried to move to Canada in my early 20s, so many wonderful things about that country. I should have tried harder. Hopefully the US (which there are also wonderful things) follows suit.