In case anyone else finds the Brooms as entertaining as I do...an update.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Not too long...just a short one.
I spoke with One Broom last night - seems easy child 2 is flunking band and is grounded from video games. Cool. Later, I asked again about sports, had easy child 2 ever asked her about it and can she play soccer or something. One Broom actually said sure. Then she went on to say how, now that her hubby's kids are in sports and she has to go to every one of his kids' games, she's all like "what about my kid? its not fair.". So she blamed easy child 2 not being involved in anything on her new hubby's kids' sports - which they've been playing for a whopping 2 months. easy child 2 hasn't been involved in sports for FIVE YEARS. I wanted so bad to say something, but I just kept my mouth shut, happy that finally easy child 2 will be allowed an extracurricular activity. She's been asking us for the past 3 years...
Two Brooms is at her lake house, but sister in law is filling in while she's gone. Two years ago, sister in law left a t-shirt in our camper. Two, actually. They laid on the back of my couch until around 2 or 3 months ago, and honestly, I can't recall what I did with them then. husband thinks I sent them with him to his mom's then. I can't recall what I did with them, just that I was tired of them being there. I don't know. Anyway, sister in law called last night and wants her tshirt by Friday.
I told her husband thought he took them to her mom's. She calls Two Brooms, and of course, she's never seen them, so, by default, I MUST still have them. Yeah, ok. So now I'm an even bigger bad guy (if that's possible).
And to make things worse, I created a facebook page at difficult child 1's request to put pictures of wee difficult child on. It sent out invites to all my email contacts (never crossed my mind when I clicked this button). We went camping last weekend with sister in law's ex husband and his kids...so I posted pics of all the kids in their Halloween costumes. And who becomes my facebook friend, right off the bat? sister in law. She's p*ssed.
I give.
I definitely think Thanksgiving is out.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Shari -

So Dustpan cant handle pictures of anyone being happy huh?

(Dustpan) obviously a product of twobrooms. (not to be confused with two socks the wolf on Dances with wolves who is totally a cool wolf)

Two brooms is anything but cool.

And as far as having 2 tshirts for longer than 2 weeks - **** IT UP - OMG what a drama queen.....Like those 2 t shirts are going to be the END OF THE WORLD (insert scary music) DAT DAHHH DHHHHHAAAAAAAAA......END OF THE WORLD.

How much Valium do you really have to take to deal? Cripes.

Marguerite

Shari, I just had a thought - how long were the t-shirts left lying around at your house? If you had never moved them, where would they be and in what condition? Now, do you have any cleaning rags tat could possibly have once been those shirts?

Give them to her.

Or, if they're plain t-shirts, maybe offer to get her a couple more from the local op-shop, since she is so desperate.

I would tell her that t-shirts in your house have a short shelf-life. It was long ago, you have other things happen since which have pushed shirts from your mind. Clearly the passage of time has pushed shirts from the minds of all others involved, including husband and his mother. But hey, if they're so important - why did you leave them for so long?

Some people...

Marg

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sheesh is right! I'd need a holster with a bottle and a shot glass any time I thought of the brooms, dustpan, t-shirts or felt their presence!!!

KTMom91

O...M...G. I think these people must have way too much time on their hands. Maybe you can suggest they volunteer somewhere far away from you, so they can put all that energy to good use.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I asked husband last night if he was moving to Alaska with me or not. He said no.

Toto, I dabble in leather. I think with my Front Door Witch, I will have to make me a shot glass holster...no one else will get it, but I will LMAO. Might have to go to Thanksgiving, afterall. Maybe I'll host. With my Front Door Witch (an apple, my dearie???), my scapegoat t-shirt, and my shot glass and fifth holster.

And i'll be sure to buy some logos to iron on some black t-shirt material place mats for the table (to look like the missing t-shirts)

Might be entertaining.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, now THAT would just ice the cake.

All my crazy board buddies and their difficult child's with the Brooms? Oh yeah....now THAT would stir some stuff.

nvts

OMG! I love the stories of the Brooms! The sister in law is nvts! I'd go to the thrift shop, buy some tiny toddler t-shirts, let the horse run all over them until they were a total mess, wipe down the carburator on a tractor, bleach 'em so that it smelled like I cared, fold 'em neatly, hand 'em to her, and declare:

"Wow, when did you put on so much weight?!!"

Or invite her to come watch you shoot from the saddle and "slip"! We'd back you up! ;)

Beth