In laws

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Let me start by saying I actually really like my husbands family for the most part. Now that being send who boy am I frustrated tonight.

I am having a candle party on Sunday. With 7 sister in laws I thought maybe a few might be intersted. In addition to some friends and what not. Well my husband just got a call (not even me but him) to say that they were getting together for his moms birthday on that day. Now ordinarily that would sound reasonable however she died almost 4 years ago. Now I am in no place to tell people how to move on or mourn or any of that but really you wait to tell us this at the last minute and she is gone. She most definately wouldn't want them to keep putting their lives on hold. My husband asked me if I was mad after he told me. I said oh yeah. Sorry but I go to all the family stuff. I listen to tons and tons of garbage from this issue to that with them all. I realize I sound selfish but come on. I mean it isn't a matter of life or death about them not coming but really it is the whole thing. I know my house is crappy and I have animals but sheesh. I try and do one nice grown up thing for me with grown ups that isn't sad or depressing and man where is the support. Nada.

Then she informed husband that one of the sisters is in the hospital (psychiatric hospital part). She ahs had many problems over the years but hadn't had any in a really long time. I am grateful they let him know as that doesn't always happen real punctually. So if you could add some prayers for this sister that would be great.

Again I really do normally get along great with his family but they just really annoyed me with this.

beth

Andy

I feel the same way about my kids at time - I really do like them but they can so annoy me to the max!

Did any give an RSVP before the birthday party was planned? I would say your event came first otherwise you would have heard about the birthday party with the first invite given.

I don't think you are being selfish at all. You do have the right to feel angry over this. Just as you have the right to not want to feel this way and understand what is happening.

I would share the candle brochure with them and ask if they want to preorder. It may make a nice Christmas gift for their mom's resting place?

I will pray for the sister in law in the psychiatric hospital.

Families (especially extended ones) can be so hard.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry they did this. It seems quite rude and it is very understandable that you are mad.

I will keep the sister in my prayers. You are sweet to ask for prayers for her even when you are annoyed.

donna723

I think it's rude too, and I don't blame you one bit for being angry! Did they say they were coming and then change their minds at the last minute?

I was wondering ... do they celebrate the mothers birthday every year or is this just something they decided to do this year? Either way, it was skunky behavior on their part!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
The sister that called had said she would come before and then this came out of the blue. I have not heard over the last couple years that they have celebrated it but who knows at this point.

beth