In my mind I believe I've already spent an entire

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
year of husband's salary. We've rubbed pennies together for so long that my imagination has gone off the deep end.

I've recarpeted my entire house, installed new front & back door steps, new master bedroom furniture, called in someone to mudjack my front sidewalk & install leaf guards on our gutters. Additionally, I've had a back door installed & new flooring for my kitchen, bathrooms & halls. (Okay maybe not the entire year's salary but it seems that way.)

Do you think I've missed anything? :rofl:

Fortunately, I'm not going off the deep end - buying paint for our garage door & trim; going to start feeding the birds again, some shrubs for the yard & join the Y this coming fall. And I've joined a golf league! :smile:

I'm so proud of my restraint - wish the tweedles had the same. :smile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Going off the deep end would be a trip to Paris. It doesn't count if you're just buying stuff to fix up the house. :wink:

Enjoy the weight being lifted from your shoulders.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

You haven't spent all of it, yet. I could help you with that! :smile:

Isn't it nice to have the financial worries lifted?

DammitJanet

LOL...I have been virtual window shopping with my backpay ever since I got my favorable decision letter. Im not sure of the amount but I am guestimating and trying to decide on what I want most.

Paying off taxes

A better car

A good mattress

Paying back Jamie

A new tv for the living room

New couch for the family room

if anythings left over...some clothes for all of us...lmao.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I haven't even started on wardrobes for husband & myself. Just thinking of all the routine maintenance that I've put off & needs to be finished.

It's a good thing I'm fiscally conservative or I'd have ordered myself a new piano & set of golf clubs by now.

In many ways, I've learned to appreciate the simple basic things because of the tight financial situation we've lived here. Heck, I grew up with-o need but with-o the disposable income for things many of my peers enjoyed. It's become a way of life.

For a bit my imagination got away with me. I'd like to hire someone to refinish my 100 year old hardwood floors.

On_Call

Linda,

Your post made me smile! :wink:

Love all of your ideas and plans. husband and I often make big 'dream' plans for what we'd love to do to our 100 year old house. Would be nice to do them all at once, wouldn't it? Instead we have settled for one room/project at a time.

husband recently built new front stairs for our house. Just about 12 hours before somebody put their foot through the existing ones, if you ask me. Every time I pull up, I smile.

Of course, now the sidewalk looks really awful . . . . :p

Enjoy making plans and working on your curb appeal! Hope it makes you smile when it's done and you pull up to your house, too.

Our home is relatively newer than yours, but boy could it stand a nice little "face lift". The carpet is gross, I hate it and husband is tired of cleaning it all the time. Would adore wood flooring throughout the house with cute accent, throw rugs all around. Our back glass slider has seen better days, would love to put it French doors. My bathroom is HUGE, but they put in a standard, tiny tub in, would love to see a nice jet tub in there, as well as removing the carpet, I mean who puts carpet in a bathroom??!!??

Would love to take over husband's work shop, would be so awesome to knock down some walls from our kitchen and laundry room and have it all flow into an awesome great room. Where husband will put all his machines, hmmmmmmm????? Not in my dream! LOL!!

Our driveway curves in an awkward way, would love to widen it and make room for some more parking when guests are here.

Anyways, way fun to dream. Somehow the previous owners forgot to leave the money tree in the back yard!! ERRR!!! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You guys are too funny.

Years ago my then-husband had me utterly convinced we were going to win the lottery. He just "knew it"---he "had a feeling". Well, I took that and ran with it in my mind as well. In my dreams I not only redid the house, I got us new cars, we quit our jobs, and I'd planned a couple of trips.

You can imagine how disappointed I was when we didn't win. :hammer:

Suz

DDD

I never spend money that is optional spending. We all have shoes
on our feet, decent clothes, plenty of food etc. etc. but I almost never buy anything that is not needed.

This month I "needed" to do something to save my sanity. Without
exaggeration I justified spending money because it would be cheaper to cheer myself up at home than it would be if I cracked
up and someone had to replace me during my recovery!

So.....the popcorn ceiling is being replaced with a smooth finish
ceiling in my kitchen. There will be new BRIGHT yellow paint on
the kitchen walls by tomorrow afternoon...and the adjacent hall
will also be painted in a lighter yellow color. By Wednesday
afternoon the painting should be done and new lighting installed.
Thursday and Friday I am getting "honey" laminated flooring put
in the hall, kitchen and adjacent family room Whew...and then
on Saturday......my new SS stove and over the range microwave/
exhaust fan will be delivered and installed.

And on Sunday???????? I am going to enjoy a day of rest, sitting
in my new bright shiny kitchen. DDD

Martie

DDD,

Great job all of you. I'd like to just get ahead of the clutter so I could THINK aobut doing some of these things.

Martie