In my next life....

F

flutterbee

I'm not having kids. And it's not because I worry about having another difficult child. I figure that's a 50/50 shot. But there is a <u>100%</u> chance I will end up with a teenager. :soapbox:

Just a bad parenting day all the way around. difficult child, easy child, cat, dog....I'm running away! :painter:

trinityroyal

Ooooh. Can I come with you? Are you planning on running anywhere nice?

(We've had a pretty awful difficult child weekend that spilled over into today, so I can relate)

F

flutterbee

It's a secret. It's warm and there's a beach. You're all welcome to join, but you're not allowed to tell anyone where you are. The kids might find us then. :devil:

I was talking to my mom tonight about the night I've had and she said that I'll tell my kids not to have kids, but they will anyway. Then they'll call me complaining about their behavior. I said, "That's assuming they know how to find me." Duh. Like I'm going to let them know. Bwahahahaha!

F

flutterbee

I can't imagine my life without them either. I'm not some ogre. I'm just going to be selfish next time around.

F

flutterbee

I'm sorry, hon. You didn't stick your foot in your mouth. I'm just a bit touchy tonight.

I was just having a really bad day before the kids started. Normally, I can vent here, get it out and it's over with and I'm ok then. I just hit my limit today, you know? I keep lifting and try to relax my eyebrows, but they go right back down into that 'talk to me and die' look.

On the general board recently I stated that I can't remember the last time I yelled at difficult child. Well, 6pm 11/12/07. Then easy child at 8:15 pm 11/12/07. It was by the grace of God that I didn't self-combust during the 2 hours in between. Or since.

I swear...kids can smell weakness.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I swear...kids can smell weakness.</div></div>

I know MINE can.

:rofl:

And as for my next life........Well, if we're dreaming....

No kids. been there done that, got the tshirt. Teens drive me batty.

I'll raise dogs instead. I'll be a raving beauty with brains. I'll have so much talent in my little finger other people will be astounded.....

:princess: :painter: :lipstick: :pet: :geek:

Heather I'm sorry you had such a crummy day. I hope tomorrow is tons better.

Hugs

goldenguru

wyntergrace~

been there done that. Just a word of encouragement from an 'older' mom.

They do become human again. It's ironic really. Just when they go and grow up and become normal human beings again - they leave home. LOL.

Now I find that I actually miss the organized chaos. The mountains of laundry. Cooking for a small army. Ya know - all the stuff I used to complain about.

If ya need to run away for a day - by all means do so. They'll survive without you for a day. And you'll come home refreshed. I know - because I did run away a time or two.

Hugs.

wakeupcall

That's funny....I'm not having kids OR a husband OR a house......foot-loose and fancy-free......I dream of it daily! I'm so tired of being jerked around day after day after day.

susiestar

Roll With It
Heather, we used to call it the "lions circling the water hole" syndrome.

My difficult child used to lead the kids in circling around whichever of us was ill or weak in one way or another. Then the attack was just as grizzly as the nature videos of lions eating the weak antelopes.

So sorry you had a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I have a cure for when YOUR mom has a smart a&& answer like that - send the kid/kids to LIVE with her!

It has done WONDERS for husband and I!!!! (Ok, we really did this, but not because the Gparents had wisea&& answers for things. For real and reasonable answers - not safe to have him here with his sibs!)

Anyway,

hope you have a better day!!

Susie

Me too Heather! No kids! None! I'll be one of those people who gives other people's kids tons of candy just to watch them bounce off walls, and then claim it is because I don't know any better.

And like Pam, no men either. I actually got a call yesterday from Bill, the last guy I dated. We dated for about 6 months until his WIFE (who he forgot to mention he had) called me up and read me the riot act. I had not talked to him in a year. Yesterday he calls me up (still very married), out of the blue, to see if I'd like to "hook up" again.

UH, did we not learn the first time??

No car either. Gas is too expensive. I will learn to hover.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Heather,
husband and I always say that being married was work but it was a breeze compared to child rearing. 13 yr olds should be banished to a deserted island until 15 or common sense prevails.
Even easy child woke up in his 13th birthday growling.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Heather, maybe you could stow away on mine and easy child's cruise ship - you could come to the Bahamas with us!! How exciting would that be?? Get away from the cold :blizzard: and difficult child's!

Hugs & hopes for a better day. :angel:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I hope you're having a better day, Heather.

I smiled at your "in my next life..." because I have a long list ready for my next life...

long legs

sing like Sarah Brightman :shocked:

able to dance :princess:

be on Broadway :dance:

laid back personality

black shiny hair like Katy Keene

have a dog rescue (for when I'm not on Broadway singing and dancing) :cool-dog:

paint watercolors :painter:

no money worries

...well, you get my drift...

:smile:

Suz

F

flutterbee

Well, it is a better day if only because I'm almost a zombie. I've been up 30-some hours. The pain medication barely works and keeps me awake. Whoever heard of a pain made keeping you awake?!! Isn't that just the most stupid thing?! :bloodshot:

Actually, it's been a while since I lost it with my kids...and I really didn't lose it, just got loud...and they are walking the line today. They're being polite and respectful. I think aliens took over their bodies while they slept. :hypnosis:

'Chelle

If you haven't seen "Kevin's guide to being a teenager" you should. It's hilarious, but most comedy that's close to real life is. I found this link to it on Myspacetv. When my difficult child is being a typical teen, I call him Kevin and he gets it right away.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1602875337

Just edited to add, this clip only goes up to rule 3, 9 minutes of a 50 minute show. If you get a chance to see the whole thing you should. I think my difficult child saw a few things of himself in it too, don't know if it made him act any different, but when I do call him Kevin when he first starts getting an attitude, he usually laughs and stops what he's about to do. LOL

nvts

In my next life I'm NOT going to be responsible...for anything...especially anything alive...3 kids...2 dogs...2 fish...2 lizards...1 husband...5 siblings...

I'll have the pictures that come with the frames...that's good enough for me!! :smile:

True, I can't picture THIS life without my little buggers, but the next life I CAN picture rich and quiet...NOW watch...I'll come back as Brittney Spears grandchild!

and I'll continue to go screaming into the night!!!!

Don't worry Heather, we all have those fantasies! Now if mine only came with Orlando Bloom...dressed like a pirate of course!!

:its_all_good:

Beth

Steely

Perhaps I will just go the whole re-incarnation route, and come back as a giraffe, or some other docile peaceful creature, who worries about nothing, and simply grazes and meanders through life.
A sterile giraffe might I add :wink:
Even giraff-letes sound like too much work today, and with my luck, I would have difficult child giraff-letes!

Sigh.......it's been a long week for me too Heather. And yes pain pills make me beyond hyper! It is like drinking a case of cokes. Bad, bad, bad.