In over my head.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ladies, I'm overwhelmed - in tears here. No one understands situations with difficult children like you.

Fran, my goal at this point (& please forgive me I can't see beyond this) is to just survive. I can no longer find the hows, the help, etc. My brain injury has me losing so many skills.

I had a staffing for ktbug yesterday ~ suffice it to say it was more about our next steps than kt's current situation. We are all keeping in mind how children (not teens) children grieve. kt is grieving - acting out as a 5 or 6 year old. The pros are putting in double time to work on that. Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) hours have been doubled, almost tripled. PCA hours have gone to 8 daily during the summer months. I can, if I travel, take our PCA with us.

In home therapist will be here 3x weekly
& dragging kt's cute little behind out of here ~ kicking & screaming if necessary. CADI manager approved PCA hours along with in home therapist to help.

In the meantime, CM is searching for a CADI waiver for me for help with my situation. Help with getting meals on the table, cleaning, etc. I guess (being called the most complex case in the county between tweedles dee & dum, husband's death & my health) the pros are beginning to see me crumble.

I just don't know what is next - what I do know is that our county isn't taking voluntary foster placement at this moment ~ I asked. Now if kt turns into a chronic runaway once more, or continues to self harm or act out in an uncontrollable manner that is another case. Honestly, she's not there yet - just building.

In home therapist will be here in an hour to take kt for individual counseling - she needs it desperately.

I have alone time (except for the construction crew) but I need to practice on the piano & the crew will be on the other end of the house. The team will be checking to be sure I get out of the house to do something for myself - meet a friend for lunch, something. I have my weekly "cripple" ;) golf league.

I need to complete the final issues of death & am hoping I can convince my dad to come up here for a week to help me. I need to get a hold of a lawyer about special needs trust, power of attorney both for me & to speak for me on behalf of my children should my health take a down turn. I need my dad or my older brother to help.

Lothlorien

Well, it sounds like you had a very productive meeting and the pros are trying to help alleviate some of your daily stress with kt. Great news!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Linda, I'm so glad you were able to re-evaluate your needs and have them listened to. You are in every bit as severe a crisis as your kids so it's a very good thing that your team is on high alert. Take advantage of every bit of help that is offered and every fun activity that can be arranged.

Big hugs,
Suz

graceupongrace

Linda,

I'm pretty new here, so I don't know your whole story, but I've read enough to know that you've been carrying a huge load on your own. Just want you to know that you and kt and wm are in my prayers, and I hope I can share a little of your burden that way.

Hugs to you! (((())))

witzend

Linda, you really are an inspiration. And "just surviving" sounds just about right to me, all in all. But, you seem to be doing way more than "just surviving" - don't sell yourself short! You're amazing!

Andy

I am so glad to hear that your supports have been increased. I also believe that once your remodeling projects are completed, it will be a tiny bit easier. Having those crews in your house for so long is a stress in itself. Hard to relax when others are in your home for a job to do.

Continue to plug away day by day.

I hope your dad or brother can come help you soon.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Glad the "pros" are stepping things up. I have always marvelled at how much they step up when the situation warrents it. I hope you utilize every aspect of it. Many many hugs.

beth