Indiana Jones?

4sumrzn

I'm not a big movie person. But, our best friend has a 14yr old son(he's high functioning Autistic) that has been counting down the days!!!!!!!!! (Now that I think about it, his Dad is probably just as excited to see it!) I'm excited myself for him that he gets to go see it this weekend!

4sumrzn

I don't think I get the reference. Why won't you be able to see it in the theater?

Possibly because it costs so daggon much to go? Just one of the reasons around here that we don't get to the theater often. But, then again...I'm not quite sure how much DVD's are anymore either.....we normally borrow them.

witzend

It does cost a fortune! Luckily it's just me and husband anymore, and we don't buy bunches of snacks, so that helps. We only go four or five times a year, at most. But it's a treat when we do!

4sumrzn

Oh gosh...I wasn't gonna throw in the snacks (when I used to go, way back when...I took my own unless I was having an extra butter popcorn craving ;)). Last time easy child went, he spent double $$ just getting a snack & a drink. What does it cost these days anyway?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, I'm sure excited about the movie. I'm lucky- my theater has early shows (like before noon!) so I can go for only 6 bucks. :)

Suz

Tiapet

Old Hand
What 4sumzrn said, it cost waaaay too much to go to a movie. Once in a very blue moon we might go to the $1.50 theater who does play some fairly newer released movies but even then it ends up costing too much. Plus, another reason is with my back issues I can't stay sitting in the movie chairs any length of time so it's too hard to do it. At home I can adjust my sitting easier and enjoy the movie much much more. Oh yeah, and let's also add that the 2 little difficult child's sometimes act up (talk) too much and bother others through out movie.

So and I can't get out too much by ourselves since moving down here as there are no family and no friends to rely on. Older difficult child/easy child will watch them only if she's having a really good day and they are already in bed too.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I won't be seeing it until it comes on DVD either -

I have a not-so-rare disorder that causes me to get in trouble with dim-witted parents who I am sure are out to sabotage my ONE NIGHT OUT A YEAR.....

I have concluded that my extra sensitive nose, my SUPER sensitive ears, my germaphobe lifestyle, and my sincere want to actually save for a month to GO see a movie only to be thwarted EACH and EVERY time by some ridiculous Mother who falls asleep after bringing a gross of children into see a PG movie. The one I mention can sleep with her eyes open-type while holding a fussing newborn who has obviously filled his diaper yet does that 'almost cry' through the entire 2 1/2 hours epic. And then there is the one that can't handle her own kids yet feels compelled to try and manage bringing 5 or 6 others she drug in from who knows where of all varying ages, while bouncing, talking, kicking the back of my chair, whispering a loud roar.....and whining in various stages throughout the movie because they drank ALL their drink too fast and are NOW SCREAMING to the entire theater they are DYING of thirst - because their mom wasnt' paying attention and actually PAID $2.00 per cup for more ice than drink. It NEVER occurs to these parents to TOSS OUT the remaining pop corn. I've been sitting there when Skittles have rolled into my foot as any moron would know a child of that age can NOT balance a popcorn, and empty cup of ice AND a box of candy the size of both their feet in a chair that could flip and swallow them whole at any given moment. Then there is the fidgity kid, the talker, the sister who won't share the arm rest, hyper active, rocket @ss - let's run up and down the front row child because we can (Mom is asleep) children who will continuall flip the flapper on the nasty trash recepticle. And invariably there is always the last minute people - the one with 10 kids and the woman who is more than likely pregnant with #11 who come in late - and because they can't see ALWAYS sit in front of us (because we have to get the down front handicapped seat closest to the door so we don't disturb anyone) and they are up and down, and kids are giving their orders and by this time - my head is ready to pop off and I swear if I opened my mouth I'd go to jail or have to be seen locally by a psychiatrist for anger management "using quote fingers" issues.

And invariably either the people that came in late OR the sleeping beauty mom behind us (oblivious to to the Popcorn and sugar high armagedon) will have a cell phone which will either be stuck on TERMINAL vibrate (explains 10 kids and one on the way) OR she talks on it as it rings on and off through the movie - like WE CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!

I have actually reached back and grabbed a leg on a child who would not stop kicking my back rest, and said NOTHING - but I did first ask the mother to ask her child to stop kicking the back of the chair as DF had surgery and the seats we had were the ONLY disabled seats in the house. When she ignored me - I grabbed the kids leg and scared the bejeezers out of him. Out of the corner of my eye - I saw her pull him up into her lap. lol. I waited for her to confront ME - because I wanted to see her do it with a phone in one hand a poopy, fussy newborn in another, a 3 year old on her lap, popcorn and candy EVERYWHERE and now 2 of the little girls were "frightened" because at 2 and 3 the Witch in Narnia made her cry and of course if you cry both of you have to go pee. (And no doubt get more to drink) so then ALL of them have to get up - and leave and come back and do it ALL over again.

So yeah - I'm going to wait for the DVD. We even tried going to the midnight movie - lol - WE fell asleep. What woke us you ask? .....(priceless) a crying newborn.

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

Next time any of that happens go out to the manager and DEMAND that they go remove the mom and the icky kids. managers don't WANT to deal with this, but if they don't and you contact corporate they get in HUGE trouble. just mentioning corporate, disability, and your RUINED experience.

You may only get the mom and kids kicked out (probably the best thing for the kids as they are really too young for the movie). You CAN also get your money back. AND if you contact corporate you will get the manager in hot water AND free movie tickets.

As you can tell, I have been there done that. I learned because I have a friend who worked in the corp office of our only movie theater, then went to the corp office of a much larger theater chain.

Even if you endure and say nothing to the manager (or whomever is on duty), calling/writing corporate will get results.

YES YES YES YES YES

I am terribly excited about the new Indiana Jones movie. thank you thinks it looks cool, but will have to wait a few years to see it. We don't like nightmares.

Jess doesn't want to see it right now, but when we get it on DVD she will love it.

Not sure about Wizard. He and his girlfriend are now "on" again, I think. Her grandparents called a halt to things a few months ago (she also lives with grandparents, not sure why, but is a lovely person, very smart, high standards for herself, and not afraid to be smart and insist Wizard behaves and does his best. We think she is pretty cool!)

husband & I are going to have a date night. We just can't wait!! Not only do I LOVE the Indiana Jones movies, but Harrison Ford is just yummy!!!

4sumrzn

I already feel bad for making the comment about the $$$ portion....sorry. I'm sure it is going to be a great movie & for sure would go with my buddies Saturday if I could ;)

Star....I have a favor to ask.....to follow ;)

Tiapet

Old Hand
See Star :) I'm considerate! LOL but then again I am no where near like the mom you describe either in many ways. G*d shoot me if I was or even thought about having that many children either. I think they'd have to lock me up! LOL

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
LOL Star

I am an 80's child, so I am psyched! We stop at the wally mart for goodies and everyone wears a coat in to the theatre even if it's boiling outside! makes smuggling easier

witzend

It's not the kids that bother me as much as the adults that sit and talk out loud throughout the entire movie like they are in their living room! What kind of idiots don't know not to talk out loud during a movie?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm not overly excited but difficult child is very excited and easy child wants to see it too. husband and I will take them on Saturday morning because the price is only $5.00 (who ever thought that would be a low cost movie? Geez-$5.00 used to be an expensive movie).

I would love to see that movie (Ford was one of my crushes since Star Wars, of course!) but I absolutely LOATHE going to the movies anymore.

I actually don't like going out in public period, but spending all that money to see a movie...it's just too much money for me.

My brother is going to the midnight viewing.

Nerd.

muttmeister

Wow....I always complain about living out here in the sticks but I guess there are some advantages. The movie here costs $5.00 and you don't have to fight the crowds. In fact, I went to one movie where there were only 3 of us in the theater. The biggest problem is that they don't get most of the movies I want to see, but they will definitely get the Indiana Jones movie and I am a big fan so I am anxious to see it.