Indulge me in my mini freaking out

F

flutterbee

I just took my 400mg Plaquenil for the first time. I've taken 200mg at a time, but not 400mg. The 200mg caused some nausea, but not horrible. It said to take it with a meal so I did. I don't know why I'm freaking out, but I am. I'm afraid I'm going to get really sick.

I never freak out about taking medications. I don't like them and will refuse them if I don't like the side effect profile or don't think it's worth it, but I don't freak out. I hate the steroids, but I'm taking them now, too. Don't like it, but, again, not freaking out.

I already called a friend of mine tonight and asked her if I started getting really sick if she would run and get me some emetrec (whatever it's called - the OTC nausea medication). I'm out of phenergran. I had intended to take this earlier in the day while my doctor's office was still open so if I did get sick, they could call it in.

I don't get sick (throw up) easily. I've only had one other medication do that - avelox I think it's called...an antibiotic. And, of course, it's not supposed to make you sick - but I had to go and be me and react stupidly to medications (like the pyridium that totally made me out of it and it's not supposed to). I had to take it with phenergran to keep it down. And that was my last medication before they put me inpatient for IV antibiotics. I was determined.

So, I'm really nervous. I'm actually shaking. I'm going to end up making myself sick just from nerves. :hammer:

Thanks for indulging me. I had to get this out.

Deep breaths. Maybe I'll put on headphones and a relaxation CD.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Deep breaths is the ticket.

Keep telling yourself you've taken this dosage and you were fine, which means you're going to be just fine now too. Use it as a mantra if you need to.

I used to have this sort of anxiety when I was on alot of different medications. It would crop up out of nowhere, and even though I knew it was silly/unfounded I'd still have to talk myself out of it.

easy child freaked when she had to take the really weak muscle relaxant the OB gave her to relax her uterus. Even though she knew it wouldn't hurt the baby, and how weak it was she was scared she wouldn't hear Darrin if he woke in the night. I had to help talk her thru the anxiety. After about an hour and a half she was ok again.

Happens to the best of us on occasion. Given the reactions you've had, not surprising it snuck up on you.

(((hugs)))

F

flutterbee

Actually, I haven't taken this dosage. I'm taking twice what I took before.

I've been nervous about taking it all day. So far, just a little nausea - not enough to even sneeze at. Let's hope that's all it is.

It doesn't help that I feel so bad and have so much pain and am having so many cognitive difficulties and the fatigue is just overwhelming. I'm just physically and emotionally spent.

Thanks for talking some sense into me. :D I asked for this medication at this dosage for crying out loud.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sorry Heather. I've been up since 5:30 am and it's showing. lol Still, you've taken it before without an issue. I'd imagine a higher dosage won't make a difference.

How are you doing now? Any better?

susiestar

Roll With It
Ginger is great for nausea. Get some ginger ale and even ginger candies - they really do help.

I understand the freak out. I do it to. Keep breathing and talking and yoou will get through it.

Hugs,

Susie

F

flutterbee

The nausea didn't get that bed. So, I'm ok. :D I hope I don't get all worked up again tomorrow. I don't know what was up with that.

I'm so flippin' exhausted, but I'm in too much pain to sleep. I have a feeling once I do get to sleep, it will be a marathon sleep fest. And that will just get my medication schedule all messed up. :hammer:

And my best friend is coming from NY this weekend for a visit. We've been friends since we were 11 and I haven't seen her in 5, almost 6 years. I'm trying to get things ready and it's not going so well. The children and the pets insist on messing it back up again! :whiteflag: I do have to say, though, that the kids - especially Wynter - are really helping me. I'm really pretty useless right now.

A friend of mine worked for a home health aid type company and she gave me the name of the person who has a lot of information and might be able to get me someone to come in a couple hours a week to help with cleaning, meal prep...that kinda thing. That would be so helpful.

I just want out of my body. This one's a lemon.