Info from a member of the county committee

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My mind just keeps going back to the round-table with Wee's DevPed. They just could not accept the answer from me, so they wanted to talk to her. So I set it up and we went.

And they would describe a scenario in which Wee escalated. And she would say you just can't let him get to that level of frustration. Over and over and over, this same little scenario played out 2 1/2 hours of it. And it never failed, they would come back and say "yeah, but what do we do when he gets like that?" They just could not accept that there wasn't an answer, and the solution was to not escalate him to that point. I relive that conversation so many times...and here we are, a full year plus later... And they are still digging thru the hay pile looking for that magic needle that will allow them to do what they do without changing a thing...good luck with that, guys...

If you're interested, here's the thread re: the meeting with DevPed.
http://www.conductdisorders.com/for...morrow-devped-so-unprepared-25127/index2.html

Last edited:

Marguerite

"I think your suggestion has merit, I really do. I was already fully aware of tis opportunity but I felt it was totally inappropriate to call in the big guns when the little guns have still not yet been fired. In other words, how do you think the members of this committee will feel, especially considering most of them are already well aware of Wee and involved in his case from way back, when they realise they have been called in but the SG has not yet stepped up to the plate? Even the school's own attorney says that you guys have dropped the ball badly. Calling in this committee now, will only make the school look even worse. Do you want that? I could have called this committee myself, but chose not to, in order to give the school a bit more time to do their job. Thank you for your suggestion, but at this stage we are stuck at this level - the ball is in the school's court. Recent weeks have clearly demonstrated the truth of what I have been saying, and what all the other experts have been saying, for the last 18 months - Wee has specific needs which have been clearly spelled out properly, officially and through the appropriate channels. I am doing everything I should. So are many others. The problem here is that the school, and the school principal especially, are not allowing the proper procedures to be followed without interference. Whenever we have had problems it is generally because the procedures were not followed and someone who didn't know what they were doing, did the wrong thing with Wee according to all the information that has been shared. Can you understand why I feel more frustrated by your suggestion, than grateful? Please, if you want to help, make the school do its job. If that fails, then we can look further. Until then, it would only be wasting more time of some very useful people."

I vote for grasping at straws. maybe they thought that such a committee could do more, reach more or even enforce the plans. But if the school's own attorney can't do this, why should another committee of mostly the same people?

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Amen, Marg.

And if I get a reply, I may just copy this and send it right back to them.

I'm guessing I don't get a reply.

Jena

lol. always a battle. do you wear armor all day or just when battling?? LOL OMG it never ends. good for you you just keep on pushing are soo resilient. i should get you over here and get some shakes down difficult child's face :)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
lol. always a battle. do you wear armor all day or just when battling?? LOL OMG it never ends. good for you you just keep on pushing are soo resilient. i should get you over here and get some shakes down difficult child's face :)

You have to take it off now and again. It gets rusty when you pee. LOL

We had another monkey wrench thrown in the works, now, too. Gonna have to find a new doctor. Some days it feels like it never ends.