Insert fainting

Abbey

Spork Queen
H is driving me NUTS. He's in manic mode and tries to drag me into every aspect of it. YOU HAVE A DAY OFF. RELAX. No...I'll make a list since 5am. Let's see:

Make coffee, which I don't drink.

Start the hours long process of taking all 4 bird cages outside in the rain to clean them, then their room in my kitchen as well as the one downstairs.

Two loads of laundry so far

Updating my resume to look dumb.

Trying to put my bed on a frame that he got at a rummage sale...said it wouldn't fit...yep. Doesn't fit.

Doing dishes of food I didn't eat.

Shop vac every possible room and stairs.

Took out all the trash and recyclables.

Demanding that I go to Fleet Farm and Menards to get 'stuff.' Enter argument at this point and it's only noon. I held off as long as I could. I said that is like asking you to go clothes shopping which has never happened in 18 years.

Where is my sword?

Sorry for the rant.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Rant away. My H does this to me some weekends as well. Sometimes I just have to put my foot down and tell him "Sorry, just not interested. I want to relax on my day off". Doesn't always work, but at least I feel better then lying around reading all day. H would also like to see me get up at dawn. And if it's sunny? Oh my, what out.

I'm sorry he's being so annoying.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey this isn't a sword offense........

It's a cast iron skillet offense.

And I don't blame you.

And yes.........I'll vouch for you if you vouch for me.

They'll never know..........Muuuaaahhhhh Muuuaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Andy

Cast Iron bork . Any way, one the perfect size to slam on his head and it can stay there for all to see that he is not behaving today.

You can hang little notes on the fork part. "I will be more respectful of my Abbey!"

M

ML

I'm guilty of being like your H at times though I try to be superwoman and do it all myself. I like how you handled it "not interested, but i support you in your goals". Hugs, ML

mstang67chic

Going Green
Abbey this isn't a sword offense........

It's a cast iron skillet offense.

I have one! Two actually but the original one was a wedding present. An aunt in the family gives one to each family member when they get married. I don't know if it's related to a family legend or not but....

So the story goes....one of my great-great-great something or other got into an argument with her husband one time when he came home rip roaring drunk. She wound up smacking him upside the head with her cast iron skillet. He proceeded to stumble outside in the dead of winter and passed out. From that, he came down with pneumonia and died.

What's that line from Fried Green Tomatoes? That skillet done more than fry chicken that night.

snort

You know Abbey....I doubt it would make an impression on H but it may make you feel better. (Assuming it doesn't cause him to throw a hissy fit) The next time he has a free day I would do the exact same thing to him. Present him with a big ol' honey-do list and prepare food that he doesn't like or normally eat at that time of day. Give him really stupid projects to do or ones that are pointless with the weather....such as the bird cage in the rain task.

Or, you can borrow my "back up" skillet.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You know, ML...I can be like that also, but I don't drag others into my mood of the day. If I want to clean the crud out of my home, I'll do it. I don't ask favors or anyone near. If I want to relax and sleep..leave me alone. You can go about your business but right now this is what I need. Go away.

Yuck.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have a 24 inch cast iron skillet with lid. Collectively weighs around 50 pounds.

Be glad to loan it to you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a 24 inch cast iron skillet with lid. Collectively weighs around 50 pounds.

Be glad to loan it to you.

And I'll help............

a friend will bring you bail money -

a good friend will be sitting next to you in the jail telling you "DANG that was something!"

Marguerite

How did the birds feel about all the cage/room cleaning? Surely they objected.

And as for using the skillet to make an impression on H - wouldn't his head make an impression on the skillet?

Marg