inspirational quotes

Masta

After reading a post in PE with some inspirational quotes

Im wondering if any one of you have any to share for some of us who are struggling to gain peace or a change in our lives.

"Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures."
by John F. Kennedy

AllStressedOut

I read this the other day passing a church sign.

It said:

"Never take counsel from your fears."

I like that and wish I could learn to be that way.

On_Call

No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Eleanor Roosevelt.

(I hope I have that right - I don't have it written down, but love the sentiment.)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Unknown

You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. ~Unknown

lovemysons

I love these...

I keep this one on my fridge along with others. I know I got this from the board sometime last year. I've seen my kids as well as their friends read it. I think it's a good reminder that being ourselves is okay and beautiful. Fear is debilitating and uncomfortable for everyone. I need these reminders...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us: it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. " ~Nelson Mandela