Intake Interview Update...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good morning!

First of all--I have to thank everyone who said an extra prayer, rattled a bead or shook those chicken livers because....

(drum roll, please)

WE QUALIFY!!!

We FINALLY heard back (the woman called this morning) and the good news is that it was officially determined that our family and difficult child met the qualifications for the program.

Yay!!!!

The next step is for the caseworker to interview difficult child's therapist, psychiatrist, school personnel etc. After all this information is compiled and analyzed, difficult child will be assigned a "needs score" (that may not be the correct term) and then she will be asssigned a place on the waiting list. The waiting list is not first come, first served....the child with the highest needs score will always be served first.

Yesterday's interview consisted of a series of 75 questions. Each question had to be answered as: Never a problem, Past problem, or Current problem. Questions ranged from Does the child have nightmares? to Is the child violent and aggressive? to Is the child very clingy? Each question was weighted differently for scoring.

Of the 75 questions, we answered Current Problem to about half of them.

When she left our home, the interviewer said she was "pretty sure" that difficult child would meet the minimum qualifications--but she had to enter the form into the computer for scoring.

Turns out that difficult child scored WELL over the required minimum.

Whew!

So now we have to wait and hear where difficult child will be placed on the waiting list....

So more waiting, but at least things are headed the right direction!

:D

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

Oh yeah....oh YEAH...OH YEAH!!!!!

Doing the happy happy happy Dance here in NC...yippee yippee yippee.

Of course, Im not happy there is something wrong but happy that there is something that can be done to get you services.

Oh...my dancing just brought on a bout of coughing! LOL.

I hope she is at the top of the list!

klmno

That's great news, DF! If you don't mind me asking, which agency is this (state or local; mental health or DSS) and how did you get more than a typical out-patient appointment?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh yeah....oh YEAH...OH YEAH!!!!!

Doing the happy happy happy Dance here in NC...yippee yippee yippee.

Of course, Im not happy there is something wrong but happy that there is something that can be done to get you services.

Oh...my dancing just brought on a bout of coughing! LOL.

I hope she is at the top of the list!

LOL! Isn't it awful that we end up HOPING for our child to be considered the most severely impaired kid in the region??? It's just not right...

JJJ

LOL! Isn't it awful that we end up HOPING for our child to be considered the most severely impaired kid in the region??? It's just not right...

Yes, I was thrilled when Kanga got her grant -- something only a few hundred kids have in our state -- and then felt awful that I was glad.

I'm so glad that everything is moving in the right direction for you!!!!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Do you know yet what services they'll be providing for her?

difficult child will NOT receive any services whatsoever unless and until she is selected off the waiting list. The waiting list is so long that families on the list are contacted every six months just to confirm that they are still in need of services and would like to remain on the list.

It is entirely possible that we will never be selected at all....

flutterby

Fly away!
Good news!!!

Crossing fingers that she gets selected. And soon.

I am soooooooooo glad that someone is finally paying attention. That has to be such a relief and so validating.

(((hugs)))