Interesting articles on AOL.

DammitJanet

Diet citrus soda can/may help stop kidney stones and caffeine may help reduce alzheimers risk/symptoms. Seems caffeine helps depression and mood.

Ok, I will drink lots of diet coke and diet sprite!

flutterby

Fly away!
If caffeine helps depression and mood, I should be feeling a whole let better than I do. I'm afraid to imagine what I would feel like without it, since I'm a Diet Coke fiend.

DammitJanet

Heather...that was what I was thinking! Well, at least I am warding off alzheimers. Thats my story!!! And Im sticking to it!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
This is wonderful news!!! I can keep drinking my diet Mt Dew! Yeah!!!

Now, where's the good news article on chocolate bars and cookies...????

DammitJanet

Well chocolate has caffeine in it and if it is dark chocolate there is something healthy in it...cant remember what and if you get the dark chocolate covered banana's you have your fruit and caffeine...there you go! A fruit and caffeine combo!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Shari, the caffeine might be good for you in the Dew but the Dew otherwise for you, is really, REALLY bad! There was an article about how bad Dew is for your teeth.

Oh and Janet, sure, diet coke they are now promoting as a very healthy drink (there is a new marketing campaign going to be launching soon) but don't drink it out of the aluminum can! The can itself can cause Alzheimer's they say. So on one hand you are helping it but if you drink it out of the can, you are adding to it. Catch 22. LOL

DammitJanet

I dont drink cans, I either get two liters or if I am out, I get the 20 oz bottles. If I am at a drive thru..like sonic...I get my super delicious Rt 44 chocolate cherry diet coke! That is to die for! Tastes like a tootsie pop...lol.

Cans are too expensive to buy in 24 packs and bring home.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Careful guys...........give 'em 5-10 yrs and they'll have changed their minds. lol

Which is why I only do diet modifications that actually do make me feel better. Like no salt because lately if I so much as look at salt I retain 30lbs of water.

Otherwise, I eat what I want and don't worry about it. Gets me fussed out by docs.........but dang it you only get to go around once and I intend to enjoy it as much as possible!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Janet, speaking of Sonic, there is a current coupon out there for buy one get one free for milkshakes! (in case you are interested)

hound dog - this is one of the reasons I've decided that I'm not giving up any foods what so ever because as soon as I do, someone turns around and does another study or another study comes out and proves just the opposite. Like eggs, bad for you, nope good for you....many things this has happened to.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Eggs, bacon, red meat, spinach, caffeine, hfcs, gluten, msg, sulfites, red#40...

Heck with 'em all. I could actually make a meal just loaded with all this.

As long as you don't feed me diet drinks, it's all good. saccharine, aspartame, sucralose, sorbitol... All make me horribly nauseous and flatulent. So ya know what? Just gonna eat whatever...

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
That's interesting: Aspartame makes me pee like crazy. As if the beverage goes right through me to my kidneys. Sucralose and saccharine don't have this effect on me at all.

I cannot tolerate the red and yellow dyes at all. They make me hyper and irritable as all get out.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Red#40 makes H violently ill.

One evening husband & I were over at H & E's, and I had a 2-liter of Mountain Dew Live Wire - the orange stuff - with me. H didn't think and added it to some melon schnapps. She thought it was great. Me, not so much. Just give me the Dew. 20 minutes later... Well, short party.

I try to avoid too many food colorings, just because I don't like the whole idea. Otherwise... Sigh. Every time we have H over for dinner, I double-check ingredients... After almost killing her with chorizo (again, red)... And I watch Jett's milk intake as it makes him extremely flatulent.

I keep fake sugar on hand for father in law and E, since they're both insulin-dependent diabetics. LOL - when I make sweet tea for them, I have Onyxx mix it up. Just breathing the stuff makes me nauseous.

DammitJanet

I have been drinking diet soda since Tab and Fresca were the only two around. God Tab was nasty! I was so thrilled when Diet Coke came out. Saccharine or aspartame or whatever they want to put in it doesnt bother me a bit.