Interesting New Development...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm starting to wonder... This same problem is so pervasive throughout our entire society. Yet we have funding slashed all over the place - which just makes things worse. I'm starting to wonder if it can be taken to the federal level... Skip the stupid state MH stuff. Just a thought.

buddy

In MN we have a thing called......Office of the Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities. These are the go to guys when there is a problem in any system, any treatment facility, any kind of therapy place etc. Do you have something like that?

Here is what their website says:
Client/General Services

The Ombudsman for Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities assists with the following:
  • concerns or complaints about services,
  • questions about rights,
  • grievances,
  • access to appropriate services,
  • ideas for making services better; and
  • general questions or the need for information concerning services for persons with mental disabilities.
When you make a complaint in good faith, Minnesota State law protects you from retaliation.

DId you say you are in SC? Are these people you already talked to? (probably since you have made thousands of calls, so just ignore this if you have been there done that) Click on the words below:

South Carolina State Office of Children's Affairs

Here is the tab that may help?????
Children's Case Resolution System

The CCRS reviews cases on children with emotional, physical, and educational needs not being adequately met by the state's service delivery system. The CCRS provides arbitration and mediation services for the most difficult cases where resolution between agencies does not occur.

Constituent Services

The Office of Children's Affairs provides ombudsman services on behalf of families and children by receiving and responding to correspondence and telephone inquiries to the Governor. In the delivery of these services, staff reviews and responds to questions or problems involving or impacting children either directly or by referral. This office provides information and referral to constituents on available services and resources in their community.
Our office assists constituents with concerns related to problems they may be experiencing with any child serving, public agency to include the South Carolina Department of Social Services, South Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, South Carolina Department of Mental Health, South Carolina Department of Education, South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs.

There is a pdf file with a form to submit for case review. They want everything but you have tons of info and names and dates and meetings and you already went up the chain of command so that is what it seems to say you have to do before this step so?????

Sorry if this is no help, but thought it could be a place to start if you really do want to go down that road...Keep rocking on!

Last edited:

DammitJanet

DF this is the boy that ended up being a lawsuit in NC years ago that was supposed to change the way mentally ill kids are treated. Read it. When you get here I will show you a 38 page pdf file that is what they put into application. This is the program Cory went into. I had to fight tooth and nail to get him into to it but when I did, it really did help. But obviously when you read about this man, it was too late for him. Sad. It often it for those who end up being the lawsuits. But I will always remember Willie M.