Interesting photo

Lothlorien

There is this tremendous spider outside my garage, building it's web from the house to the garbage can. The web is huge and it was absolute fascinating watching this thing make it's web. It's too dark now, but it would have been nice to get a picture...send it to you and see if you can do something cool with it. Garbage pick up is tomorrow and husband will likely get home after I'm asleep, so it's web will be in shambles. I feel so bad, too, because this thing is huge and so beautiful. Thank G-d it's outside, else I'd be freaking!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh...a friend sent me a picture of a massive spider web. I'll have to see if I can find it. This thing had to be about 2 feet tall. Yeah...snap away! I love messing with photos.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Here's a tip when photographing spider webs - and I photograph spiders a lot. Get a spray bottle and fill with cool water. Put the sprayer on mist - and if the sun is out - mist the web from a distance - this will just coat the web enough to cover it so that you can get a picture of it.

If the spider is a huge black white and yellow spider - it's called a Garden Spider, or Writing Spider or St. Andrews Cross Spider or (Argiope) - they are very harmless and are excellent to have around and do a great service for your home this time of year. LEAVE THEM ALONE - they will never EVER come in your house. They will usually continue to build nests until about the first part of October and then just disappear. Most times they stay in one or two spots. We currently have five in our yard. ABSOLUTELY georgeous. I have one on video rocking her web. She built it in the doorway of our garage (hardly used) and when I disturbed her grabbed her web and literally rocked it back and forth to 'make' herself appear fierce. They are among the most docile of spiders (if you like arachnids).

Another beautiful one that comes out this time of year are the large (think thumb size, first joint only deep red and dark gray spider - I think they remind me of the Charlotte in Charlottes Web. They do a spiral web. Their common name eludes me right now but their webs make SPECTACULAR pictures. They WILL get a tad aggressive but I would too if you sprayed my house with hurricaine force winds (spray bottle) on purpose for the sake of a picture. :laugh:

Abbers - I like the bee picture - I would like to see you make the daisys all the colors of the rainbow (in the same pastel shades) and write the word DECISIONS above it in some funky 70's font. Or maybe do a batch of daisys in black and white randomly ;) and above that write - your choices will bee with you - always.