Intervention anyone??????????

CrazyinVA

Staff member
From the family standpoint, I would think a group session with a substance abuse counselor would be just as effective, which is essentially what you are talking about. I think that is a very good idea in this case. As we've all been saying, Susan, it's time to take the focus OFF of your difficult child and put it on your family.. this would be a great way to do that. I suppose the initial step in contacting an "interventionist" would be this type of session, anyway.

I especially this would be great for your other children, Susan. I suspect they have a LOT to say about the situation.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not going to get into the intervention issue, but I give my 2 cents about TV shows.

Be VERY wary.

When I was running the site and Columbine happened, I had nearly every show contacting me for an interview about kids with problems. Well...that sounds good, but when it got down to the nitty gritty details, that is not what they wanted.

If you're willing to put the most private parts of YOUR life on national TV, go for it. I'm guessing it will not be so much about the intervention, but about how you parent.

Abbey