Introducing the difficult child technique for laundry!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Gather dirty clothes and place in small basket provided by parents who do not want their washing machine destroyed. Said basket is the guide for a proper load size.

Ignore instructions and fill basket TWICE.

Place both basketfulls in washing machine with soap and start machine.

Roll eyes when Mother discovers the size of the load because washer is making odd noises.

Get up at odd time when parent(s) are not up and place huge load in dryer.

Go back to bed.

Mutter and stomp when Mother discovers load in dryer and stops it. Express shock and disbelief when told to hang the clothes on the line.

Only take half of the clothes out of the dryer because there are too many to hang on line.

Have another small fit when Mother declares that if the load is "too much to hang on the line" then it is too much for the dryer.

Mutter while taking first basketfull out to line.

Come back inside in an amazingly short amount of time and collect second basketfull.

Return to clothesline and hang second batch.

Go back to bed.

Wonder what Mother is up to when you know she is still in her robe but hear her go outside.

Roll over and go back to sleep not knowing that documentation has been made of this marvelous new clothes line technique shown below.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj161/mstang67chic/chrisclothesonline.jpg

(Notice there are NO clothes pins to be found.)

DammitJanet

LOL......

Im hoping you have a very windy day there today!

At Cory's old trailer they werent allowed to put up a clothes line. He had a 6 foot chain link fence behind his trailer so he hung his clothes up on that. Stuffed small stuff like socks, undies and some of Keyana's shirts in there. I cant tell you how many times he had to chase his clothes down when the wind came up!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm kinda hoping for that too! Although...I know I'll have to hear about it and it will be all my fault if he has to chase things down.

*giggle*

Or rewash stuff because it landed in dog poo.

graceupongrace

Here's my difficult child's method:

1. Allow dirty clothes to pile up on floor until mom can't take it and says to put them in the hamper.
  2. When there are no clean shirts to wear, take a dirty one out of the hamper.
  3. Place it in the dryer, and run the dryer for 15 minutes.
  4. Listen to mom say, "difficult child, that doesn't remove the dirt; the heat just sets it."
  5. Reply, "I know, but it takes the wrinkles out."

Actually, he will do his own laundry properly... just not nearly often enough! :disgusted:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Loving it!

(tho I must admit...I am still recovering from a mountain of laundry from our travels in July and I ran out of clothes pins yesterday, so I had a few "freebies" hanging on my line yesterday....)

DammitJanet

Cory and Jamie learned to do laundry very young. No problems. Billy had to be taught when he came back to live with me when he was 17. My mom had done everything for him. All the cleaning, cooking, laundry. He didnt know how to do a thing.

Cory learned how to cook like a champ when he started going into placements. The first was a wilderness camp and they cooked one meal a week in the woods at their campsite. He was 11 and 12. He learned a ton of recipes. Then on to a bunch of group homes where he cooked. He loved to cook. He also cooked here with his dad. That boy can cook! Jamie cant cook with a darn. How two kids raised the same way with the same father and they watched the same dad cook...beats me.

Cory can cook anything. He invited us over yesterday for fish and fried taters. It was great. He caught the fish with his dad.

Jamie can make sandwiches or maybe hamburgers.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And now you know why I don't want my husband to touch the laundry! :rofl:

Seriously, what is she thinking? :hammer:

I need to get on my difficult child 1 about participating in this process more... thanks for the nudge!

DammitJanet

Mothers...the best thing you can do for future daughter in law is teach the boys how to cook, clean and do laundry. Actually...that may keep them single longer...lol. They dont need a wife. It hasnt actually worked that way for me but Cory has been in high demand because of his skills. For a no account, dropout...he has had them beating down his door because he can do domestic duties...lmao.