introduction and question

Beccih

hi everyone, my difficult child is 13 and has been prescribed Fluoxetine which seems to be helping control his chronic anxiety and aggression, my question is : does anyone else have children who are taking fluoxetine ( Prozac) if so has it affected their growth/ physical development? Thanks guys, it's a really great website by the way :D

Bec

buddy

My son was on it for a long time... He was small but I dont think it was the prozac that did it. We had a full endocrine work up and he said it was not medications because of the results and his bone growth etc was all slow.. he is making up for it now... We just went off of it and in fact, his aggression has gone down. Just like anything, for some it helps and for others it is not a good medication... It didn't help my son with anxiety... I so wish it would have. That is his biggest trigger. Glad it works for your difficult child!

Welcome and glad you found us!

jal

My son has been on fluoxetine for over 3 yrs. NO growth problem here. 8lbs. 10 oz. @ birth. Now 9.5 yrs old, 100lbs. and almost over 4 1/2 ft tall. Took him to his first indoor soccer game for this season yesterday and he is the tallest there, by a hair or two. He only takes 15mgs. Highest was 20mgs, but we'd tapered down. It was a huge help when he started it in 1st grade, opened him up to learning. He's ADHD, Mood not otherwise specified, but it has been a huge help for him.

DDD

Just wanted to say welcome. I don't have any knowledge on the topic but glad to have you on Board. DDD