Invitation to social group / PM

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by midwestdad, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. midwestdad

    midwestdad Lost

    I would like to get some advice on some things going on in my family from some of our resident experts, but I'll need to share some information that I can't post on an open forum. If any of you are willing to share your expertise, can you either reply to this thread or PM me?

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Fran

    Fran Former desparate mom

    Midwest dad, could you narrow the field down a bit.
    Are you talking of difficult child behavior?
    Childhood, adolescence, adulthood?
    Legal or functional?
    Family, school or open society?
    Give the group an area since none of us are experts except with our own children it would help to know what you are looking for.
    I have no idea how the legal system works or drug/alcohol issues so I wouldn't be of any help.
    I'm sure there are tons of members who can offer suggestions. Give us an idea of what you are looking for.
  3. Marguerite

    Marguerite Active Member

    How about you PM me? THen if I can't help, maybe together we can nut out a way to explain it more effectively. But from the description of your difficult child, there is a good chance I might be able to help, as long as it doesn't require advice on the practicalities of support in your country. I could still give ideas in general.

    It's bedtime here, I'm off the air for the next 8 hours or so. After that, you should hear from me if I find a PM from you.

  4. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    I'm sure many will try to help if you can give us an idea of what area you are seeking advice in, as Fran suggests. If you'll just post something like "related to adolescent with Autism" or "women's issues" or "how to work with the system/agencies" it will get some people on board without you ending up having to PM people who aren't experienced with your concern.
  5. midwestdad

    midwestdad Lost

    My apologies for the vague description. For those who have followed WSM's story, mine is similar. We have serious issues that haven't been getting better, and disagreements on how to proceed. Although the legal plays into it, I'm more concerned about functional advice - how best to proceed, and how might it impact the kids?
  6. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    A private social group for issues like that sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not sure how that works but I'd suggest PM'ing a moderator and see if that's possible. Then, members can request to join the group and respond to the threads about issues that they are familiar with. If you want to PM me, that's fine. I don't have experience with marital problems pertaining to a difficult child, but I do have experience with difficult child and the legal system. My son is 14yo and has a mood disorder.
  7. GoingNorth

    GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

    I'm middle-aged, but grew up Aspie and am also bipolar. If I can provide you with any info on what it's like to live "in the skin", as well as info that helped me when I was growing up, I'll be happy to.

    Feel free to PM me if that is the case,.