Is all the east coast going to be dumped on?

klmno

They say we are about to get nearly a foot of snow. I have batteries to put in the flashlights in case I lose power, shopped for food yesterday, and just got back from running a couple of errands. I have processed logs for the fireplace.

Is anyone else going to get this?

mavh2005

I'm praying that the line of this storm moves a little more to the west. I'm on the eastern shore of Maryland. I hate snow. And I'm sooo not ready for this storm. No flashlights to be found, no milk in the house and no salt for the steps. Oh boy..

Lothlorien

I'm in the Blizzard zone. 10 to 12 inches. Fortunately, before I had even heard the storm warning, I had planned to get Mighty and Missy snow pants and Missy needed boots. I heard about the storm this morning on the way to the store. I got what I needed and woohoo! I'm thrilled.

klmno

Oh, Heather- she might have some trouble unless they clear roads faster and sooner and better in Chantilly.

mavh- I hope you get lucky!!

I'm glad you were able to get what you need, Loth!

I'm really hoping I don't lose power- or internet/phone/cable connection.

Now that I think about it- I should have told difficult child not to expect me at visitation. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll call tonight or tomorrow.

And now I remember why I'm cold all the time and the hosue feels so drafty- it's all those holes difficult child put in the walls. :( I taped plastic over the biggest one. At least I have furbabies to keep my feet warm tonight!

Last edited:

mavh2005

I just checked weather.com. The line for 6-12 inches and 12+ inches goes right thru my town. So it doesn't look like I'm gonna get lucky. But I'm still gonna pray that it doesn't come at all. LOL.

easy child doesn't have boots.. maybe Mom will give her the boots she got her for Christmas this weekend. Going to seriously consider moving back to FL.

DammitJanet

Jamie just called me to brag about the snow...lol. He says they are going to send me virtual snowball fights but since all Im gonna get is rain..I will lose!

My dad will get what you get K. Not good for him since his house still isnt repaired from when the tree fell on his house in that storm around Thanksgiving! He has the worst luck with trees falling on his house. This is the second one.

We will be about 3 or 4 degrees too warm for snow...drat it all.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm in south-central PA. The forecasters here are all over the place from 2"-4" to 8"-11"...I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Janet, we are getting the rain here in Atlanta, too. Dang it, I would love a few inches of snow. Now a blizzard . . . no thank you.

:snowing::snowangel::2cold:

Good luck, y'all

~Kathy

klmno

I feel for him, Janet. Will he be ok? Do you want to give him my number in case he has an emergency? You know- like even another tree?

I heard on the news that Obama changed his plans and is going to stay in Denmark, or wherever he is, instead of flying back tonight as planned. They said on the news it's because he got involved intrying to help these people work things out. I don't buy that at all- I'm betting it's due to the weather. LOL!

klmno

The kids up here will love it- they started their winter break this afternoon and we usually don't get any snow to speak of until Jan, after they've gone back.

DammitJanet

Jamie called me back and is laughing at all the people rushing into the stores for bread and milk. Its funny because they have all the equipment ready and two kinds of stuff to melt snow. Its not like down here where we dont have stuff. He told me to fed ex him some bread...lol.

I teased him he will not be able to get TV reception and he said that wont be a problem, he will just have delightful conversation with his charming wife. I about choked and asked him what he was smoking in that truck!

jal

Southern CT. 12"-18" forecast for now. Usually inland gets it, but it looks like its us this time (for the moment).

Lothlorien

Well, I went out to get bread, because we truly needed bread and if I didn't get it and went out tomorrow or Sunday, the store would have been completely sold out. What a zoo! I get out spending less than 20 bucks. Got out to my car and husband calls me to ask me to get paper towels. Back into the zoo again. Register lines are like 10 people deep with 25 registers going. It's pretty amazing how people just panic and start wiping the stores out of milk and bread.

klmno

It sounds we all are getting it over here then- except for NC and south of there. Loth- I think I would have skipped going back in for those paper towels!

difficult child just called so I'm happy that I had a chance to tell him I might not be there this weekend. He said he didn't expect me to and it was ok- I wasn't worried about that- I just didn't want him worrying or wondering why I didn't show up.

It has been snowing here for over 2 hours already. I figure if I have enough to last until Monday, or at least Sunday afternoon, I should be ok.

flutterby

Fly away!
I just checked out Weatherbug for Chantilly and it said 1-2 feet. Kinda thinking my mom won't get out on Sunday. Even if they get Dulles going, it depends on where the plane is coming from, too.

We're supposed to get 2-4 inches. Woo.

klmno

They just aren't used to dealing with that much snow here. They flip over a few inches. I don't know about Chantilly, but here they don't clean roads too well or too quickly when it's 6" or more of snow.

flutterby

Fly away!
She was there 2 years ago and they had everything cleared up quickly. I'm assuming cause it's so close to Difficult Child. However, her plane that time was coming from Pittsburgh and she wasn't sure she was going to get out.

LittleDudesMom

We've got about 5 or 6 inches now and it is not supposed to let up until tomrrow night (with a few hours of mixed stuff later tonight and then back to snow tomorrow).

I went to Lowe's this morning at 8 to pick up three halogen bulbs and you should have seen the salt and snow shovels flying off the shelves. Then a little later I went to Costco to get our Christmas ham. I have to work Mon, Tues and Wed next week and I didn't want to go in the afternoon next week because I figured they would be packed. Well, let me tell you. I got there at 10, when they open, and the parking lot was packed and there was a line to get into the store!

I'm figuring everyone went out this morning since they think they will be snowbound tomorrow. I've got my storm box pulled out and I have two gas fireplaces, one in the family room and one in the living room so we will stay warm if we loose power. Oh, and we have plenty of food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe everyone in the path of this one. I'm in my glory!

Sharon

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're supposed to get 2-4 inches too. I'll be glad to have the snow. And Darrin, who has been praying for snow, will be thrilled. Nana let him borrow her official Snowman making kit and he's been dying to make a snowman every since. lol

But I know how accurate our forecasters are. Could be 2-4.....could be more. I imagine it's going to depend on which track it takes. I don't mind. Got in a few necessities today even though I just found out about the snow from Nichole. lol And although I have Darrin's birthday party tomorrow....and tomorrow is mother in law's birthday....I have enough 4 wheel drive vehicles in the family I don't think it's gonna be an issue. lol

Although sounds like sister and brother in law are gonna get it bad in virginia.