Is anyone awake

TearyEyed

It's late but I am having a crisis with difficult child. If anyone is around I need to talk.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

nlj

I am.
It's 7.30 a.m. here in the UK and I'm just having a quick coffee before the morning rush!

TearyEyed

My son was released from jail. Talked to him a few times and got him a hotel room for one night. It's been 4 hours and he never checked in. I am in a panic. I don't know what to do

nlj

If he's been in jail maybe he doesn't want to head straight for a hotel room. Maybe he just needs to be 'out' for a bit. Does he have friends he wants to catch up with?

TearyEyed

No friends. And the phone calls went well. He was on his way to the hotel, omg. I am really losing it right now.

TearyEyed

What should I do? It's 11:30 here. He is a few cities away. There is no way for me to find him.

nlj

Try not to panic. Hugs.

There is nearly always an explanation with our sons. Mine vanishes from the radar regularly and he's always fine.

What are the possibilities? Has he gone somewhere for food? Has he gone to a bar?

Does he have a drug problem and has gone in search of a hit?

4 hours is not a long time for them. They have no understanding of how much we can worry in 4 hours.

TearyEyed

Thank you. You are right. I just have such horror stories running through my head. And he puts himself in such dangerous situations I can't help but wonder. I hope you have a good day and thanks for being there for me.

nlj

I'll be thinking of you and will check in regularly.

Let us know when you hear from him.
x

TearyEyed

Guide me

No cell phone. Nothing. I know his patterns and the way things were going this doesn't make sense.

TearyEyed

He left jail at2:30. Called me at 3:30. He said he was going to pick up his clothes god knows where. I told him to call me back at 6:30. He did. He wanted to come home. I said no but I would get him a hotel room. He said he would call me back in 30 minutes. He did. He said he would call me when he got to the hotel for the confirm number. Haven't heard from him since.

TearyEyed

And the conversation was good. He was fine. No harsh words. This doesn't make sense. Not that difficult children make sense but I just feel like something isn't right

GuideMe

I think Lucy is right. He is probably trying to catch up with all his friends and I wouldn't be too surprised if he checks into hotel later on tonight, however, he might just stay over a friends house. difficult child's can not be alone, that is one thing I learned.

TearyEyed

Thanks. I am just scared and probably not rational right now. I really can't imagine a torture worse than what we go through with our difficult children. Thank goodness for you and all of the wonderful people on this forum. I guess I should try to sleep but I doubt that will happen. It's so hard to fight the urge to do something