Is anyone happily married

Dara

I am happily married. We are about to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We have been through a lot in the past 7 years. Dealing with my moms manipulations, his father getting a kidney transplant and getting his foot amputated and being in the hospital for a year then my father got brain cancer and died then my mother got lukemia and died. Various other family issues and finally my darling son having his issues. It seems that it has always been nonstop for us but we manage to get through all of it together. We have our moments for sure and each of us has our quirks! But at the end of the day, I feel incredibally lucky to have my husband by my side.

Mom2oddson

husband and I are very much in love. More so each years. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary in February. It's a lot of hard work. We have made a choice to be happy and to stick together. And we work very hard at it. With a difficult child, difficult child-in-laws, easy child developing Bipolar and husband being gone for six months, there is a lot of strain on us. (Especially when the two kids are husband's and it's his parents that cause problems)....

There are many times that husband will ask me "If you had to do it over, would you still marry me?"... I always answer "Absolutely!".

My folks are almost to their 50th. My Mom once told me that "on the worst day with your Dad, my life is still better with him than it would be without him"... She went on to explain that there are tough days in a marriage, but if you remember how good the good is, it makes the tough days managable.

husband and I always make time for the two of us. We have a date night once a week...even if it's just hiding in our room with a DVD. It's our time. We make sure that we spend time with each other every day. If it's just sitting together to watch the weather report.

I consider husband my rock - my port in a storm. And he thinks the same about me. We are best friends and we have made a pack that if it comes down to us breaking up because of kids or parents - we will run away together and just be the two of us! It's fantasy most of the time, but it works on bad days.

On_Call

I, think, also that marriage is just like everything else - it's a work in progress. At least ours is. One of my mother's favorite quotes when I was growing up was "Nobody is going to do what you want them to do all of the time." Boy, was she sure right! (Understatement of the century, perhaps?)

There are a lot of things that can cause cracks in a marriage. Money, employment, health, etc. Add in kids at all and you've got an unknown element. Add in a difficult child and, well, I don't need to tell any of you what you've got then!

We celebrated our 12th anniversary in March and I can't see either one of us going anywhere anytime soon.

Crazy-Steph

I would like to think that we are happy. We have our times. My husband is not very good at holding a job (he is getting better). So for us, finances and our son are the biggest problems. Although we both see that our son has issues, I see that he needs help and husband just thinks he is a stubborn defiant kid. We are working on this. I think this forum will help a lot when I show it to him. But, we have vowed to stick together. The few times I have contemplated leaving, I think of coming home and not having him there and my heart literally hurts. I would definately do it again, even knowing that I would get our son along with him.

LovingAbbey

I know what it's like to be alone and I can do it and be happy with that. I am not sure how much more I am willing to put into this marriage but it is a marriage. I guess I'll keep trying until I can't anymore. Thanks for everyone's perspective.