Is April difficult child month?

fedup

If it isn't one, it's another.
First, difficult child wraps his car around a tree 10 days ago. This is his 3rd car. He has a cracked sternum. I did drive him to the Dr., but that's all.
Next, #3 child uses text messaging on her phone, to the tune of a $300 bill, and asks for me to help her pay it. I didn't.
Today, #2 child's wife calls and says he was picked up on fraudulent check charges. I believe that they are most likely ones that SHE wrote while he was living elsewhere. She signed his name, and the checks only have his name on them. She misinformed me about the bail/charges. I called the jail to check myself, as I don't trust her. I really don't want to bail him out, but I also do not believe that it is his fault. He has a new job, which is supposed to start Monday. He needs this to pay the house payment and all other expenses, as SHE doesn't work.

Can I become invisible?

KFld

Poof-you are invisible.

Don't you wish it was that easy. Sounds like things are spiraling out of control on all difficult child ends for you. Sorry!!!

I guess I would help #2, IF you are sure this isn't his fault. I would check this out first if there is a way. You don't want to get caught in the middle and then find out he caused the problem.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If you want to be invisible, don't you have another business trip coming up soon? :wink:

Sounds like you need waders these days to get around amidst all of that BS, Fedup.

Good luck!

Suz

fedup

NO, I don't think another business trip is in order. I am well and truly tired of Miami. I definitely need the waders, though. Between hubby and the three youngest....

If life is just a bowl of cherries, why do I have so many pits?

Sunlight

the kids are all over 18 and so is your husband. I would let them all know that you will not be handling their lives anymore. do what you can or want to, nothing more.

Sue C

When it comes to helping difficult child's with money, I'll join you in becoming invisible! Melissa had a fender bender last week, and we are waiting for a second estimate from the lady. First estimate was $794. We have a $500 deductible plus with Melissa's bad driving record, we do not want to hand it over to the insurance company. She does not have the money, so she may have to put it on her charge card (if she has room left on the card) or we will have to pay it and hope to be repaid.

Have your daughter check into her cell phone plan. For $15/month (Sprint), Melissa has unlimited text messages!

Sue

fedup

Thanks for the idea about unlimited text messages. I'd just as soon she didn't use it at all to text. It was her choice to remove the availability.

ScentofCedar

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ant'smom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the kids are all over 18 and so is your husband. I would let them all know that you will not be handling their lives anymore. do what you can or want to, nothing more. </div></div>

Ant's mom is right.

Barbara