Is cooked shrimp bad for dogs?

klmno

My whole post was in the title. LOL!

My dogs have been in this hotel all week with the exception of walks outdoors to potty and they have behaved exceptionally well. I just ordered a shrimp salad and BBQ wings for dinner and I'd like to give them a "treat" of having a small bite of something special- and I know better than try to give them hot wings. (I'm talking about a small bite- not all of the shrimp.) But I sure don't want to poison them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've heard it was bad for them. However, mine have managed to eat it without issue. Not that I gave it to them, sister in law did before I had a chance to tell him. Since they've had it a few more times.....dug it out of the trash or snitched it off the table. Didn't so much as make them sick.

So I dunno.

klmno

Maybe it's another thing they makes them like humans- maybe some are allergic and some are not. I think mine have had small bites of it before but I can't remember for sure. I just know that they have behaved 10 times better than normal (no barking, being social and mannerly when I stopped to chat with the desk clerk after walking them, etc) and they deserve something special!! If difficult child made this big of a turnaround I'd bring him straight home. LOL!

donna723

I suppose some could have allergies to seafood the same as people do. Shellfish may be different from other kinds of fish but I know that many of the manufacturers of the premium dog foods have fish formulas and they're generally used for dogs with allergies.

klmno

Good point- mine eat dog food that says it has salmon in it- they love it, too! And I know I've cooked salmon on the grill before then given them a little bite of it.