Is it 2007 again?

trinityroyal

JJJ, it's not illogical at all. Her behaviour is appalling, and I can understand your feeling that the name-association taints the rest of your family. I changed my name to my husband's family name, even before we were married, in part to create an emotional break between me and my GFGfamily. I do understand.

Wedding plans or no, is a name-change something that Kanga would be willing to pursue?

JJJ - I am so sorry that all those years of treatment didn't seem to do anything to help her. She certainly is on a quick downward spiral.

I will pray for you and your family for strength and pray that Kanga does NOT get pregnant.

Hugs to you.

JJJ

I think what confounds me the most is how HAPPY she is. Days before the move to TLP, she had to do a pysch screening to see where she was at (not full testing, just a self-BASC). The whole report emphasized at how much she likes who she was, how she no longer saw herself as broken, and that her only issue was frustration at her reading level. While I do not know if full pysch testing would have revealed her distorted thinking and lack of touch with reality, I think it is very telling that she feels that this is who she is and she is good with it.

I have decided that I am done advocating for her. I will answer if the TLP calls me. I will selectively answer when she calls. She is an adult.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Geez, JJJ, I am sorry, I'm speechless...........I hope you can find some peace now, perhaps this letting go of advocating for her will offer you that......