Is it divine that it's week 29???

LittleDudesMom

Hello Ladies!!!!

How are things going this week?

I'm still hitting the health club - water class four times a week and then just laps twice a week. I'm really enjoying it. I will hit the noon WW tomorrow for a poundage update, but I believe I've probably dropped another couple pounds the way my clothing feels.

I hope you are keeping motivated by the warm weather and fresh produce available. It seems easier for me to stick with the program when it's hot. The dream is being more comfortable when the hot weather returns next summer!!!!!!!

So, how you doing ladies?????

Sharon

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Hi Everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

Sharon, you sound like you are doing great!!

I'm up 4lbs. I haven't been able to get much exercise in due to difficult child. And I'm currently in a funk...I'm just feeling defeated, depressed, exhausted, etc and also that My life (separate from difficult child) just stinks! My best friend has moved away and my only real friend at work left the company. And that's all I have for friends. I just feel like there is nothing in my life except work and difficult child. And I feel like my life (again separate from difficult child) is just passing me by, wasted. I have to find a way to make time for me and hopefully start making some more weight progress.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Glad to hear your clothes feel even looser and that you are still enjoying the water classes!

LovingAbbey-I'm sorry you are feeling so down right now. It's hard when people we are close with move away. I think you are on the right track about needing to make time for you. It's hard I know but super important! Sending positive thoughts your way.

I usually do so much better with food in the summer but am still struggling. I actually think I did pretty well last weekend in Michigan. Last night though I made a hugely fattening meal (easy child's choice for her birthday) and it wasn't until 8:00 that we ate because of the movie she went to.

This weekend will be harder than last because we will be at my side of the family. I did convince my mom to try a ww recipe for Friday dinner that is Celiac's friendly as she has Celiac's.

I just keep plugging away and am hoping to lose the few pounds I gained but so far just keep holding where I'm at-at least I'm not gaining!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I don't weigh in very often. Got on the scale on Monday and was up 8lbs!!!!!!!
Mom's stroke put 8 lbs on me!!!!! Yikes. It scared and shocked me enough that I am in strict weight loss mode. No little cheats. Not until those lbs fall off again.

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

Sharon (LDM)--congratulations on your continued progress. Glad to hear that the water class continues to be fun and that it's working so well.

Michelle--{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you. Sorry that you're feeling down in the dumps. It is hard when friends move on, in part because it feels like the world is moving past you while you're standing still. I agree that making time for you is very important. We're here for you.

Sharon (WO)--Congratulations on maintaining control during all that family celebrating. Even with a little slip-up, it's impressive that you were able to keep on track. Now, if you can get your mother to keep up with the WW cooking...

Fran--Good for you for getting back on track. It's easy to lose control of healthy habits when life takes over, but it's great to see you taking back the reins.

Well, it's official! The Trinity Travel Olympics are over!
I took 4 days off work (Friday until Yesterday) and I feel so refreshed. Almost too relaxed. And I've made arrangements for a somewhat lighter work schedule this summer. It will be more like 1 1/2 jobs than 2 full-time jobs, which is much better, and there are only 3 or 4 travel days required, most of them day trips. Whew!

I am getting back on track with the healthy eating. Back to eating salads instead of cheesies, and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. I got into a very bad habit of eating nacho chips with melted cheese on them, which I have to nip in the bud quickly.

I don't want to have to resort to wearing the Squeezer again, and that is motivation enough.

Hope you all have a great week!
Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Michelle, sometimes you just have to schedule the me time just as you do a doctor appointment or baseball practice. Set aside some time every day, or even every other day, to do something for you. You could take a little walk, or pour through some healthy recipes, or begin to journal. Do something that gets you thinking about you. I think that is the key. We are here.....

Sharon, as I write this reply you are probably already with your family. I hope you are able to find some alternative food options this weekend. You appear to be working out like six times a week, so I am confident you will be back on tract really soon!

Fran, seems like when there is a stressful family event we go to one extreme or the other. Since your big weight loss several years ago, you have had wonderful self discipline. I'm confident you will shed those added pounds quickly!

Trinity, glad the traveling marathon has come to an end! You, like Fran, seem to have good conviction to being healthy. Getting back to your dancing schedule will also help, I'm sure.

JJJ, congrats!!!!! 8.4 pounds is fabulous. Now, here's a little hint for you. Getting healthy is a mindset. Sometimes you can be discouraged by looking too far ahead and looking at the big picture rather than the little snapshot. Instead of looking at all the weight you have to loose, set youself some realistic goals. For example, make your first goal loosing your first 10% of body weight. After that, set a goal of either the second 10% or a total of 35 pounds by Thanksgiving, or 25 pounds by Halloween, or 10 additional pounds by Labor Day. Make your goals smaller and incrimental rather than huge and depressing!!!! That's my trick. I set smaller goals. Slow and steady wins the race!

Good job ladies. Congrats to you that are loosing or sticking with your committmetns, and for those who are struggling, admiting the stressors, sharing your thoughts, and making a plan will set you on the right path.

I think we are doing great and are feeling marvelous!!!!!!!

Sharon